Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC is okay with California

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC is okay with California

Just called and was told I can qualify for a CC if I establish a checking acct.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PNC is okay with California

Thank you for sharing the data point. Good luck on your application!
Message 2 of 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

They are a great bank. I'm in Vegas, but originally from back east. Still have my original student account. Nice to see them branch out. Good luck on app!!

Message 3 of 13
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

more than ok in CA...$200 sub for opening a virtual wallet which costs $0.  They have the best customer service of any lender I have come in contact with.  they have the ability to reach out to dept experts on the fly so there is no making up or guessing on topics.  I cannot say enough good things about them

Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened PNC last year, so far so good.

Message 5 of 13
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I live in easy walking distance of a PNC branch and have often considered opening a checking account with them and applying for a credit card.  What stops me is that their credit cards just don't measure up to the competition.  They give decent rewards for gas and dining, but their rewards for travel and groceries are mediocre, and those have traditionally been my two largest spending categories (at least until COVID arrived and ground my travel spending to a halt).

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 13
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Same here, live within walking distance and I also have accounts with them since being a student.  I just have not had much of an interest I there cards.  I did use a PNC secured card for years...  it never graduated.  😲

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning I went for the $200 checking bonus!

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 8 of 13
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This morning I went for the $200 checking bonus!

@Anonymous wrote:

Please read the comments in Doctor of Credit's website about what qualifies for triggering the bonus. If you will have real employer/government benefits deposited ignore this. But if you were looking to earn the bonus by ACHing money from one bank to another be aware that not all banks will trigger the bonus. Found that out the hard way. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did standard ext transfer from Chase checking on 10/14 and completed real DD on 11/6. From DoC the Chase method does work but for some reason PNC is taking there time giving me the bonus. Many received there bonus within 2 weeks!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.