cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paging @CreditInspired, white courtesy telephone please...

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU AR just posted, cli @ 4 statements or wait?

+1 @FinStar post. We're here.

I can't wait until I can see just an 800-score across the board. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 31 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU AR just posted, cli @ 4 statements or wait?

Hey,  love the colors, try out the wimbledon colors sometime it works lol.  the one thing I am sure of with credit is I don't want to lose what I have.  when I saw the cloc denial the first thing I did is check my cl's, the last thing I want is for some part of my profile to trigger a mini internal review.  I think you are right, i am totally good where I am.  I know I leave a lot on the table but I just like easy.  grabing the $ 800 bonus with the ax biz cash is my fun for the year and as you said the pnc bloc is the crown jewel of my credit experence, I just love dealing with that bank.  I will post what the letter says, kind of curious. have a good weekend

Message 32 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Paging @CreditInspired, white courtesy telephone please...

hey kids, just zipped open the nfcu denial letter after being @ https://www.ballardinn.com/ for 4 nights.  my goodness, highly recommend this place, was there before the remodel, now its incredible.  anyhow internal score 787 out of 818 and my score on 12/5 the day I app'ed was 827 on the nfcu portal.  I took a decent AoYA hit doing the cloc.  one of the 4 reason codes caught my eye .. too many accounts with balances.  no flipping way unless they are looking @ my amex/chase biz cards - I owe $86 across all my consumer accounts.  looked @ my eq rpt from 12/5 and lookie here, how can a person have a $0 bal and 100% useage?  no way, something has to be messed up on their end and they are spitting out this nonence to the CRAs and also apparely looking at it for cloc cli's or at least this is my theory -- thoughts?

121519 KMF MYFICO.PNG

Message 33 of 41
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi there

Where is that internal score coming from? I thought it was something like 200-450 or is that the EQ9 score on NFCU's portal?

Sometimes CCCs just throw out cuckoo reasons just to give reasons. So the key is to find out which one is the real one. Did they only give those 2 reasons? If it were me, I would SM NFCU and ask for clarification and a reconsideration. 

The photo is blurry, so I cant read it at all. Can you upload again? 

Now I'm going to go checkout the link. 

EDIT: Ooh la la. Fireplace and private balcony. The rooms are gorgeous and the price is awesome. Glad you had a wonderful time. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 34 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Hey there.  internal score 787 out of 818 from one of 2 envelopes they sent me and my score on 12/5 the day I app'ed was 827 on the nfcu portal which is fico 9.  click on the pic, its sharp as a razor.  something feels amiss, my previous reports never said 100% usage, that is just plain strange.  the inn is ~1/2 off this time of year, normal starting rate is ~$ 400 on weekends.  america esp socal is $$$$.  I stayed in mind blowing places in germany and france a few months ago for ~$130e/night - its shamefull for what they charge here in the states.  they want north of $ 60 for a bottle of pinot from around there, its steep all around imo but very pretty for sure.  the good places are hit and run vs having locals travel there all year round to get away like they do in europe, different biz plan lol

Message 35 of 41
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yep, crystal clear. Dont know what was going on yesterday—couldnt see a thing. Weird.

Yep, SM them and ask for clarification.

Message 36 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Hey,  I sent them a very well constructed letter pointing out the misreporting they are doing; 100% utilization on a $ 0 balance as well as showing my balances are too high, etc.  I owe $86 total lol.  they just responded that to appeal I have to reapply.  I will call them tomorrow but if they do not respond to logic and that I am pointing out something that is broken then they are not the place where I want to be anyway.  I only want to deal with lenders, really people in general, that I can reason with to some extent

Message 37 of 41
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

Hey,  I sent them a very well constructed letter pointing out the misreporting they are doing; 100% utilization on a $ 0 balance as well as showing my balances are too high, etc.  I owe $86 total lol.  they just responded that to appeal I have to reapply.  I will call them tomorrow but if they do not respond to logic and that I am pointing out something that is broken then they are not the place where I want to be anyway.  I only want to deal with lenders, really people in general, that I can reason with to some extent

Hmmm. This is JMO but it seems your approach is a little too strong. I’m not saying you have to "kiss you know what" but the cliche you get more flies with honey than vinegar is true.

It's a shame that you dont see the value in NFCU that 95-99% of members see and enjoy. So you're correct. You have to go with a lender that's right for you. 

Message 38 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NFCU is not CHASE for OpSmiley Wink
Message 39 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

I spent too much time putting snips of my eq report, snips from their portal, the docs they sent me, my full eq report and then going point by point to have them totally ignore my efforts.  that does not work for me.  if i call today and I cannot get somebody to read and address my doc then I will completely close out my cloc card and membership with them, just like that.  I have a cap1 and penfed card that I can use for backup in europe and I will replace the nfcu with a pnc card of some sort.  I know they work for others but if I cannot talk with someone and have them look at facts then I am done.  they just opened a branch close by here in la, maybe going in would be a better approach, i will ask them when I call later.  big picture this is minor but bigger picture is I dont need them at this point

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.