Did you mean: 

Paring back expenses exercise

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Paring back expenses exercise

@SBR249 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I would like to eat out less and cook more. It's easy to get caught up in bonus rewards for dining and it can encourage one to dine out more which in the long run costs far more than the gain from "extra rewards". I want to make an effort to cook more, for financial and for staying healthy reasons. Easier said than done though. 

I am proud that I've mostly eliminated my $2.32 a day Dunkin habit, which does add up over time!

I have the same problem, though a big reason for me is that I'm not a very good cook. I can muddle my way through a dish but it's hard eating so-so food day after day. I also have a tendency to overcook when I do and as a single person, it's often a week long commitment to a dish that I'm not too excited about to begin with. I think I might try one of those meal delivery services at some point, maybe it'll be a good compromise between going out and going whole hog on home cooking. 

Hmm, that's a good point. Maybe I'll try one of the delivery services.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SBR249 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I would like to eat out less and cook more. It's easy to get caught up in bonus rewards for dining and it can encourage one to dine out more which in the long run costs far more than the gain from "extra rewards". I want to make an effort to cook more, for financial and for staying healthy reasons. Easier said than done though. 

I am proud that I've mostly eliminated my $2.32 a day Dunkin habit, which does add up over time!

I have the same problem, though a big reason for me is that I'm not a very good cook. I can muddle my way through a dish but it's hard eating so-so food day after day. I also have a tendency to overcook when I do and as a single person, it's often a week long commitment to a dish that I'm not too excited about to begin with. I think I might try one of those meal delivery services at some point, maybe it'll be a good compromise between going out and going whole hog on home cooking.

Amend! Understand completely Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our budget is very bare bones. Eating out is approximately once every 3-4 months, otherwise we make all meals from scratch at home. 

Errands are combined to maximize gas mileage.

Our cell phone bill is $55/month....$15 and change for me, and $40/month for him with unlimited everything and a hotspot that I use on my phone to compensate for insufficient data.

We do not pay for any subscriptions. We do enjoy Netflix and Prime for free courtesy of friends and family. Smiley Happy

We are two people and a dog living off one part time income and miscellaneous gigs, putting nearly half our income each month towards savings and/or debt. We are motivated by the dream of starting a family and both being able to stay home with the kids together. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.