Did you mean: 

Patelco membership DENIED…..

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Patelco membership DENIED…..

@Anonymous wrote:
Janneman

Holding your DL up by your face reminds me of checking into prison where they photo you and have your number in the picture.

In reading around I have to agree with other posters ... you may be better off moving on? Smiley Sad

Its amazing that some credit unions would debase some of their possible future shareholders with practices for identification far worse than the DMV.

I WANT TO JOIN A CREDIT UNIONI WANT TO JOIN A CREDIT UNION

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

It's inevitably gotten worse.

The fraud detection is there because they've been burned.  It's not you, it's other folks that are the reason we can't have nice things.

Ultimately I'm pretty much fine where I am with Chase and a handful of CU memberships, I don't really need much more and I know in broad strokes what to expect from all of them.

        
Message 12 of 15
RootDet
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I would just move on . You have more patience than I . I would have stopped before the zoom meeting . There are plenty of CUs out there .

And by the way their preapproval for credit cards is less then reliable . Personal experience.

I am late to this party, but the pre-approval is just a marketing gimmick. I applied and was denied, and I went around and around with a VP after complaining to them about how it is misleading. I honestly felt like the employees I spoke to (including said VP), were not qualified for their positions. 

I still have the account, and I go back and forth if I will close it. Not that it costs me a darn thing, but I do have to put money over there occasionally to not go inactive. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SUPERSQUID

An idea ... we have to go into the local Police or Sheriff's Office and get fingerprinted and have an FBI background run!

When this is all done, we could then go through the Federal DMV Commercial Driver's Drug Testing ...

Aw, where to stop? Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 15
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@SUPERSQUID

An idea ... we have to go into the local Police or Sheriff's Office and get fingerprinted and have an FBI background run!

When this is all done, we could then go through the Federal DMV Commercial Driver's Drug Testing ...

Aw, where to stop? Smiley Sad

Not to sway this thread way off topic and to mention something I experienced in my lifetime concerning ID

Many moons ago when i lived in the big apple i was summoned for grand jury service. There was a mandatory fingerprinting to serve on the grand jury. When I asked the clerk what would happen if I refused to get fingerprinted, his response - then the judge will find you in contempt of court.

After that statement I consented to the fingerprinting but before that moment I thought we lived in a free country.

Imagine you receive a summons to serve grand jury service and if you refuse to be fingerprinted you are thrown in the hoosgow

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.