Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Refer a Friend and get $10

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

PayPal Refer a Friend and get $10

Not really sure if this is technically credit card related, but this showed up this morning when I was checking my PayPal balance:

..yeah, but who doesn't have PayPal?!?!..yeah, but who doesn't have PayPal?!?!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: PayPal Refer a Friend and get $10

So, they want you to send $0.01 to someone to force them to open an account in order to collect that $0.01, and you get $10.

13217817431488303736_44605131662983.png

Message 2 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

That notification must have been long lost. Maybe a decade ago, but most have it already, or won't touch it. 😂 

Message 3 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

So, they want you to send $0.01 to someone to force them to open an account in order to collect that $0.01, and you get $10.

13217817431488303736_44605131662983.png

Right?!?!? 🙄

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

That notification must have been long lost. Maybe a decade ago, but most have it already, or won't touch it. 😂 

Yeah, it's seems really out of touch. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 6
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

Not really sure if this is technically credit card related, but this showed up this morning when I was checking my PayPal balance:

..yeah, but who doesn't have PayPal?!?!..yeah, but who doesn't have PayPal?!?!

I don't have PayPal... on one of my zillion email addresses! Smiley Wink

This reminds me of Google Pay's promo a number of years ago. I'm actually not sure it was called Google Pay back then, but whatever it was... You could get $5 or $10 (I think) for sending a certain amount of money to someone else. My wife and I sent each other money, and we both cashed in. Smiley Happy

We do not have any "his" and "hers" accounts; everything is joint. (My wife is a SAHM.) So there was no need to shuffle money around. However, in this case, we did it and we were both rewarded!

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.