cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Fixed Interest Rate PLOC Approved $25,000!!

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Fixed Interest Rate PLOC Approved $25,000!!

Congrats on the nice PenFed PLOC approval, @Dave4fun, and thanks for those data points! Smiley Very Happy

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@DSTforlife wrote:
I too have noticed that a lot of people on the west coast, namely California, say PenFed pulled Experian.

I too am on the West Coast and PenFed pulled EQ FICO 9 for my credit card application 1+ years ago. You're right that some lenders pull via Geo locations but it's hit or miss. I haven't been closely following PenFed movements but I'm curious if they're switching to EX FICO 9 from EQ FICO 9. Something similar to what NFCU did within the past couple of years.

Paging @Aim_High this might be something or could be nothing. Very early and not enough DPs but worth notating!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Penfed has been pulling EX for loans for awhile now. It was very surprising as years past they were EQ  exclusively no matter what product you applied for. Credit cards are still Eq no matter what. 

Thanks for the tag, @TheFIGuy.   I also thought PenFed normally pulled Equifax and that's been my experience with them so far, but I've not applied for a PLOC or other loan product.  My best resource is @credit_is_crack's thread on "Which Report Will They Pull? Part 2" but that thread doesn't mention PenFed pulled Experian for loan products, as @AverageJoesCredit referenced.  I hadn't noticed that, so this might be a relevant infomation to incorporate on PenFed threads or on credit_is_crack's thread. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 11 of 23
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Penfed has been pulling EX for loans for awhile now. It was very surprising as years past they were EQ  exclusively no matter what product you applied for. Credit cards are still Eq no matter what. 

Wow! Huge congrats OP!

FYI, I was approved for a personal loan yesterday and they pulled Experian (no EQ) for me too. 

Message 12 of 23
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@ladybug2016 wrote:

Wow! Huge congrats OP!

FYI, I was approved for a personal loan yesterday and they pulled Experian (no EQ) for me too. 

Thank you for the additional DPs.

Message 13 of 23
everest
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your PenFed PLOC approval! Certainly can't go wrong with such a low FIXED! rate Smiley Happy 🎉

Message 14 of 23
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

@Dave4fun wrote:

I was so thrilled with Pen fed to be Approved for this terrific product. I was hoping for the lowest rate and generous line of credit. I went online on to their dashboard to apply. I received the page 404 can’t display page error. So, I called into the CSR. Not a long wait, and the lady was very pleasant. She only asked a couple of verification questions initially. I surmised that her application was mostly filled in. She asked how much do you want the credit line to be? The maximum is $25K. I asked do ‘they’ counteroffer? She said ‘sometimes’. So, I was conservative and asked for $15K. She punched it in. The computer came right back and said I was approved, and the APR would be 5.99 %. AND, You are approved for the full amount of credit at $25,000! I was so happy and thanked her. She submitted for full approval at that point. Again, it came right back Fully Approved. She then asked for my employer name. She said you are all set. Allow for 3 business days for the funds to become available. You will also be mailed access checks. Again, so happy!

They pulled Experian. I am in California. My FICO 8 is 844. I believe they use FICO 9 though. I have been a member for 14 months. I received the pre-approved Platinum Rewards mailer in January 2021. I also opened the savings and high yield savings later. I have about $2,000 with them.

Congratulations...fantastic rate🎉🎉🎉👍🏽

Message 15 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@DSTforlife wrote:
I too have noticed that a lot of people on the west coast, namely California, say PenFed pulled Experian. And it's the same with a lot of creditors...west coast applicants say Experian is pulled much more often than the other bureaus. I wonder if that's by design.

I too am on the West Coast and PenFed pulled EQ FICO 9 for my credit card application 1+ years ago. You're right that some lenders pull via Geo locations but it's hit or miss. I haven't been closely following PenFed movements but I'm curious if they're switching to EX FICO 9 from EQ FICO 9. Something similar to what NFCU did within the past couple of years.

When PenFed went through recent system enhancements, all loans, including personal loans, vehicle, PLOCs, Overdraft, etc., now get processed via EX. CCs are still processed via EQ. There's an off-chance they can pull both (profile specific), so it's best to ensure CRAs are thawed to avoid processing delays depending on which product is selected.

Message 16 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Aim_High wrote:

I also thought PenFed normally pulled Equifax and that's been my experience with them so far, but I've not applied for a PLOC or other loan product.  My best resource is @credit_is_crack's thread on "Which Report Will They Pull? Part 2" but that thread doesn't mention PenFed pulled Experian for loan products, as @AverageJoesCredit referenced.  I hadn't noticed that, so this might be a relevant infomation to incorporate on PenFed threads or on credit_is_crack's thread

@Aim_High 

That specific megathread was created (Part 2 from the original version) and meant to capture DPs for CC's only, not PLs or other loan products as per the note by CIC (2nd paragraph) "It is also aimed at Personal Credit Cards (VS/MC/DC/AX), and it does include 2 popular store card exceptions (Macy's & Target)".

Message 17 of 23
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

When PenFed went through recent system enhancements, all loans, including personal loans, vehicle, PLOCs, Overdraft, etc., now get processed via EX. CCs are still processed via EQ. There's an off-chance they can pull both (profile specific), so it's best to ensure CRAs are thawed to avoid processing delays depending on which product is selected.

Very good information to know now! 

Message 18 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My Eq is a graveyard for PF pulls lol. Nobody really likes to pull my Ex  so it would have been nice to liter my Ex report with PF lol.  I will add one time I did try for a PLOC with PF wasdenied for unable to approve for requested amount but weirdly did not get pulled lol. 

Message 19 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Awesome!!!!

Congratulations

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.