Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Membership... Need help

tag
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

PenFed Membership... Need help

Hello everyone.
I was wondering how can I get my foot in the door with pennfed if I'm not in the military or have a family member that served? Is there another way to get in?
Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penn Fed.. Need help

If you go to PenFed site and select join, in the let’s see how you’re eligible select other and there are two options to join with no affiliation. They each cost $17.00.
Message 2 of 9
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much.. Is it the same for the Navy federal credit union as well?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madyun1982 wrote:
Thank you so much.. Is it the same for the Navy federal credit union as well?

No for NFCU you need military affiliation, or a referal from someone who already has an account, family member, or someone living in the same household. 

Message 4 of 9
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Thank you..
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would recomend editing the title to read PenFed as Penn leads one to believe it might be a Pennsylvania Credit Union. We are used to refering Pentagon Federal Credit Union as PenFed here on the board.
Message 6 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: PenFed.. Need help

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I would recomend editing the title to read PenFed as Penn leads one to believe it might be a Pennsylvania Credit Union. We are used to refering Pentagon Federal Credit Union as PenFed here on the board.

Taken care of. 

--UB

Message 7 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Membership... Need help

If you donate to one of their charities you’re eligible. The website will tell you what to do. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 9
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you go to PenFed site and select join, in the let’s see how you’re eligible select other and there are two options to join with no affiliation. They each cost $17.00.

Can I join as a relative of a veteran?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.