Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Membership

So I think Saturday night I joined PenFed, well at least I thought I did. I finished the app and provided my debit info to fund the account. It's been 5 days and haven't heard anything about my account being opened. I think I remeber at the end of the app it said your info will be mailed. So just curious if this is normal for Penfed or my account was denied. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed Membership

I don't have an answer to your question. I would recommend reach out to csr and see if you can obtain an answer. Give them a call.

Saturday: 8:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Time

Sunday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Eastern Time

Message 2 of 7
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I think Saturday night I joined PenFed, well at least I thought I did. I finished the app and provided my debit info to fund the account. It's been 5 days and haven't heard anything about my account being opened. I think I remeber at the end of the app it said your info will be mailed. So just curious if this is normal for Penfed or my account was denied. Thanks in advance.

Did they charge your debit card for the amount you told the to fund your account? 

When I signed up my debit card had a $1 pending charge until my account was opened at which point they charged the $5 I agreed to (YMMV).

I also believe they emailed me several times before I received anything in the mail.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just randomly tried joinging again. This time my app went through and my account is now funded weird. Can't believe I waited 5 whole days for nothing. Sorry everyone, lesson learned. I did do it late at night on my phone, this time used a real pc lol.

Message 4 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just randomly tried joinging again. This time my app went through and my account is now funded weird. Can't believe I waited 5 whole days for nothing. Sorry everyone, lesson learned. I did do it late at night on my phone, this time used a real pc lol.

Congrats on your Penfed membership! ..

Welcome to the PF familySmiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

Do you have an online account? I joined PenFed a couple months ago, and it took awhile. My case was complicaated because I am an expat. I had issues with address verification.

The charge for funding the account will go through initially whether or not your membership was approved. I was rejected the first time. I needed to reapply using my foreign address. When I was ultimately approved, two accounts showed in my profile, the account from the application that was later rejected (the money was refunded and the account was empty), and the account from the second, and successful, application. After awhile, the first account dropped off.

I would call PenFed's customer service and see what's up. I did not find them very good at following up and trying to fix the issues without me pushing it. I would call to see what's going on, and then they would make things happen.

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.