cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Personal Loan Approved!

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Highlighted
New Contributor

PenFed Personal Loan Approved!

Just had to share my recent experience with PenFed.  Back in July 2018 I applied for and was approved for a PenFed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX with a $10k CL.  I was very excited! Then as I was lurking on the MF boards I saw that many of you guys that are PenFed customers were receiving unsecured personal loan checks in the mail. 

Of course, being a relatively new customer I was pretty sure it was too early in the process for me to receive one too, but just a couple of weeks ago (Nov 23) I thought for fun and giggles I'd go on their site and apply for a personal loan to consolidate some of my credit cards.  A few minutes later I was approved!  $15,000 for 5 years at 9.9%!! So excited! My score at the time was 772 (Exp - now its up to 780) with several inquiries.  Made the request at around 4:00pm on a Friday, received check and paperwork in the mail the following Tuesday the 27th!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Personal Loan Approved!

Congratulations on your approval!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 2 of 4
New Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 4
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval Op! When you have Penfed on your side and willing to give to you, it can be a nice relationship.

Total Credit: $240,100Credit Utilization: 1%AAoA: 5 years, 7 monthsInstallments: Car Lease, Marcus LoanNegatives: 0

LOWES-35k | BOA-32.5k | AMEX-30k | DISC-27.1k | ALLIANT-25k | NFCU-25k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CHASE-10k | WAL-10k | CITI-9.7k | PENFED-9.7k

Message 4 of 4