Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Personal Loan DP's

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

PenFed Personal Loan DP's

Hi All, 

I don't often get personal loans but I recently did and wanted to share the DP's for those on the hunt for one. PenFed did confirm you only pay interest on the open balance so the finance charges listed below would only apply if I actually took the full 60 months to pay it off. If you pay it off earlier then there's no prepay penalty and the finance charges reduce to match the time it took you to pay it off. 

PenFed Personal Loan:

• $20,000
  • Term 60 Months
  • APR 7.99%
  • Total Finance Charge $4,166
  • Monthly Payment $402
  • No collateral, signature only

Data Points:

• Member since 2015
  • No checking relationship
  • Share Savings has $5
  • Open Auto Loan with PenFed for $38,000 opened back in late 2016 @ 1.99%, current balance $18k
  • (2) Credit Cards with PenFed
    • $5,000 Platinum Rewards, opened in 2015
    • $43,900 Pathfinder Amex, opened in 2018
  • Pulled EQ9 - 786
  • Income $112k, no other open personal loans, total credit card lines just north of $550k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed Personal Loan DP's

I love Credit....CrackSmiley Wink but man this post depresses meSmiley Wink. Thanks for sharing thoughSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

AverageJoesCreditt wrote:
I love Credit....CrackSmiley Wink but man this post depresses meSmiley Wink. Thanks for sharing thoughSmiley Happy

Smiley LOL it's definitely hit or miss with PenFed, I think I lucked out and seem to be on their good side, but I know better. No bank is ever a friend lol

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great DPs! Thank you.

And Congratulations! on your approval. Those are very representative terms for a personal loan.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.