tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed Personal loan $25,000 Approved @6.49 APR

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!  Congrats!

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:
... Also received a PenFed PCR Visa CLI of $11,500    (Instant via website request) and Applied for Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Siggy (Pending Manual Review)

That is making quite a lot of mileage from the one HP. Smiley Wink Nicely played. 

Thanks for the additional info -- adds a lot of context. 

Did you actually do all of this off of one as implied?  Or did you get double/tripple whammied? 

I recently did a CLI on one of mine and refroze my reports.  Few days later attempted a loan and to open the checking account so I could make my PCR 2% and more of my DD.  Both of which they indicated that I needed to unfreeze my report to move forward and indicated it was totally up to the computer on whether or not it'd reuse the same HP - sounding like they joined the Cult of Capital One.  Worshipping the all knowing computer.  Robot LOL

@Anonymous, Unfortunately .. I took 2 HP's on EQ .. but bettter than 3 ..Smiley Very Happy

I feel I made the most of it, Personal Loan, CLI and PenFed Platinum App. (which is still pending)

Overall I'm happySmiley Happy  

$36,500 total for the Loan and PCR Visa CLI. Hopefully The Platinum get's approvedmy-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

and I still have a 0% BT offer on the PenFed PCR.

Take care and Be Safe!

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!  Congrats!

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:
... Also received a PenFed PCR Visa CLI of $11,500    (Instant via website request) and Applied for Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Siggy (Pending Manual Review)

That is making quite a lot of mileage from the one HP. Smiley Wink Nicely played. 

Thanks for the additional info -- adds a lot of context. 

Did you actually do all of this off of one as implied?  Or did you get double/tripple whammied? 

I recently did a CLI on one of mine and refroze my reports.  Few days later attempted a loan and to open the checking account so I could make my PCR 2% and more of my DD.  Both of which they indicated that I needed to unfreeze my report to move forward and indicated it was totally up to the computer on whether or not it'd reuse the same HP - sounding like they joined the Cult of Capital One.  Worshipping the all knowing computer.  Robot LOL

@Anonymous, Unfortunately .. I took 2 HP's on EQ .. but bettter than 3 ..Smiley Very Happy

I feel I made the most of it, Personal Loan, CLI and PenFed Platinum App. (which is still pending)

Overall I'm happySmiley Happy  

$36,500 total for the Loan and PCR Visa CLI. Hopefully The Platinum get's approvedmy-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

and I still have a 0% BT offer on the PenFed PCR.

Take care and Be Safe!

Yeah - for sure!  G'luck with it!

Message 32 of 46
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous  ..Thank YouSmiley Happy

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 ... what to say? You could have taken the change from your mattress to buy the coins. Now you have a loan to pay and owe a debt to Pen Fed FCU? Sure don't understand Smiley Happy
Message 34 of 46
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@M_Smart007... what to say? You could have taken the change from your mattress to buy the coins. Now you have a loan to pay and owe a debt to Pen Fed FCU? Sure don't understand Smiley Happy

@AnonymousSent you a PM.

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@M_Smart007... what to say? You could have taken the change from your mattress to buy the coins. Now you have a loan to pay and owe a debt to Pen Fed FCU? Sure don't understand Smiley Happy

@AnonymousSent you a PM.

@M_Smart007 so you know I was doing my best to be funny (sometimes anyway)? Pen Fed took care of you and rates seem livable! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 46
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 37 of 46
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I have an opportunity to add some rare collectible Gold coins to My personal collection.

I am buying an Estate liquidation.

Applied for PenFed Personal loan this Morning and was just approved after 3 verification questions.

$25,000 @6.49%  (was given the max amount at the lowest rate) Smiley Happy

Took the 60 Months  .. even though I won't need it.

One thing about PenFed personal loans,

If you pre-pay it pushes the next payment out, and does not shorten the duration of the loan.

Also NO pre-payment penalty or loan fee's.

https://i.imgur.com/b150xe5.png

https://i.imgur.com/YnBWpS6.png

https://i.imgur.com/YNSa1jD.png

Approved !!!

Congrats DW just got in the mail the Famous Penfed Preapproved loan checks full $25K at 14.99% no thanks.

Message 38 of 46
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

Congrats DW just got in the mail the Famous Penfed Preapproved loan checks full $25K at 14.99% no thanks.

Ya, That is a little high. But I guess if one need some emergency money ASAP. for just a few weeks.

Then it might not be so bad. Also it could be paid down anytime and you would have an installment loan reporting for 5 years and get a nice score boost.

I had done a little rate shopping and one lender was willing @ 18.99% Smiley LOL

Going make 200% instant profit on the coins, as I bid very low. so the 6.49% is a drop in the bucket.

I will most likely pay it down within 6 months.

Message 39 of 46
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

Ya, That is a little high. But I guess if one need some emergency money ASAP. for just a few weeks.

Then it might not be so bad. Also it could be paid down anytime and you would have an installment loan reporting for 5 years and get a nice score boost.

I had done a little rate shopping and one lender was willing @ 18.99% Smiley LOL

Going make 200% instant profit on the coins, as I bid very low. so the 6.49% is a drop in the bucket.

I will most likely pay it down within 6 months.

Yeah, I've gotten those World Famous Penfed Preapproved loan checks by mail for $25K a couple times, I think around 16%, promptly threw them into the shredder. But I have pre-approvals from Penfed for 3 different CCs w/$5200 CL and a new car loan for $15k. I don't need any new CCs and don't care for Penfed CCs anyway, and also don't need any new cars. But there was a link at the bottom "Don't see what you need?" I thought it would add a pre-approval so I went for a Personal Loan for $9500 to see what they might offer. Nope, they treated it like a new credit app and promptly sent me an email demanding the PIN to "unfreeze" EQ, I'm sure for a HP. It's not frozen, I use a service from each CRA to lock my reports. I'll let Penfed sit on it for a few days and see what rate others offer with a SP.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.