Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed account access blocked

tag
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

PenFed account access blocked

I opened a savinga and checking account with PenFed, I link a funding account and verified that account. I added a second funding account and was waiting the test deposits. Those 2 deposits hit my bank and when I went to log in my access was blocked. I called them and asked what happened?  They asked for a copy of my gov issued ID and a copy of a utility bill. I uploaded both but 3 days later I am still locked out. Anyone with advice on this? I dont want to keep calling them on the phone but no idea how long this verifying process takes.  Thanks in advance

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed account access blocked

I'd call and ask for supervisor. Depending on reasoning, they may be of more help. Were the external accounts linked under your name? Any large transfers recently?

Message 2 of 17
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

The penfed accounts are brand new. the initial deposits to open were 50 buck each.    after linking the first funding account I made a transfer from my persona checking into each of the accounts for 1k each.  I didnt get blocked until I tried linking my business account to it too. then down came the gaunlet 

Message 3 of 17
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I'm no PenFed expert, but I'm thinking it was linking a business account.

Message 4 of 17
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Yea....I am thinking that I should have left well enough alone, but they didnt ask for proof of business ownership which I can provide. I am on the line with CSR,The gentlemen said that linking the business account as long as it is mine is not a problem. He said that there was/is another issue and now im on hold while he investigates.

Message 5 of 17
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Im not a member of penfed but if this business account belonged to a corporation, llc or partnership then that might explain why since the name wouldnt be under your name but under the name of the separate entity. If it was a sole prop./dba, then you should be fine as long its under your name.

Message 6 of 17
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

After spending awhile chatting with the csr,they are waiting on a copy of my SS card, I had to order a new card because I put it away so well that even I cannot find it LOL    they said once I provide a copy of it they will finish verifying and all will be good.

Message 7 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

After spending awhile chatting with the csr,they are waiting on a copy of my SS card, I had to order a new card because I put it away so well that even I cannot find it LOL    they said once I provide a copy of it they will finish verifying and all will be good.

Good. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 17
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Finally made it home and the SS office waskind enough to get my new card out pretty quick. So I uploaded the card to Penfed, we will see how long it takes to get it reviewed and the block removed

Message 9 of 17
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Latest update, after 3 calls the last one getting a bit salty they finally unblocked my accounts. I truly hope it gets better from here but the csr part of penfed so far leaves ALOT to be desired.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.