cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed check in mail: sign of possible credit card approval in the near future?

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed check in mail: sign of possible credit card approval in the near future?

I'm guessing APR could be based on one's credit score?
Message 11 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed check in mail: sign of possible credit card approval in the near future?

@AllZero wrote:
I'm guessing APR could be based on one's credit score?

I got those checks in the mail for $25k, as I recall before shredding it was 15.99%. My Penfed EQ Fico9 is 739, maybe when my score hits 800 they'll send me checks for only 14.99%? Smiley Very Happy

The thing is the only credit account I have with Penfed is a Home Equity LOC for $25k at Prime +0%, currently 5%, so I kinda think if I needed a cash infusion I'd tap that first . . .

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect that these Lenders are getting their info via CK or other monitering sites through 3rd party sharing, because I get checks from places like SoFi, Prosper, etc. etc. despite not having any accounts with them. Yet they're able give me an APR?

Getting these offers with a fixed rate from BofA, Chase, Citi etc. I can understand as I have accounts with them. 

However, no matter how many $25K-30K checks I get at 14%. I'm not about accept those rates on that kind of Money!

Message 13 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Dirge wrote:

I got another check in the mail today, and the interest rate is HIGHER -- 17.99%! I anticipate that the next time they send me one, they're going to say that I owe *them* money! 

That happened to me too!

I have 0 balance on my card.

They also sent me 0% for 12 months and .99% for 18 months blank checks for my credit card though!

I will take 1% apr on $15k for 18 months any day of the week.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.