Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed personal loan approval

tag
TC1212
Regular Contributor

PenFed personal loan approval

Did the preapproval for a personal loan.  I entered 50k, and it came back preapproved for 20k.  Rate is high, 17%,  but it will help for a short term loan for something i'm working on.  I then applied for a new auto loan refnance (60k), but was denied.  The last time I checked my Experian score was 647.  Opened PenFed checking/savings in January with $25.  Approved in February for the Gold and Power credit card for $3,500 each.  Will wait until after August 12th to apply for increases to both cards. Current utilization is 49% reporting (I paid 3 credit cards down to zero, but they haven't reported yet - will be 34% after they post).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed personal loan approval

Congratulations on your personal loan and good luck on your CLI next week!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 2 of 5
TC1212
Regular Contributor

@ambivalent @Thank you. I just received an alert from experian so I guess that's who they used.

Message 3 of 5
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your personal loan approval!

PenFed has saved my score twice, with a 5k Gold card when I had util creep (although... 18%? meh), and then the big one, PL for 30k, which I used to pay off my cards. Hopefully, PenFed keeps treating you better and better. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
TC1212
Regular Contributor

@Cookiegrabber congrats to you also. Yes, I'm hoping to continue to grow with them. I just started one of my direct deposits with them on the 1st. I'm also considering a HELOC with them in the next few weeks. I need a 660 Equifax mortgage store for that. I should definitely be over 660 once my credit card zero balances post over the next 10 days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.