cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed No Hp for Membership

tag
Kdroach253

Penfed No Hp for Membership

Hello all, I had signed up for a savings account a month ago as I didn't want a hp for a checking account. After a week or so, I signed up for free checking all online and was no hardpull. Don't know if this has been talked about but it did say no affect to credit to verify. Froze all reports just incase. But went through. 🙂

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tortoise_credit
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed No Hp for Membership

I think it changed sometime last year. I also didn't get a HP when I signed up in November 2021.

FICO 8Inq/1230/60/90 LatesAAoA
EX78114/0/09 yr 3 mo
EQ79313/1/08 yr 6 mo
TU77714/0/18 yr 9 mo
Last updated: 4/3/2022
Message 2 of 10
Kdroach253

Cool. Yea I just didn't see it anywhere on here. Tooo many threads!!

@tortoise_credit wrote:

I think it changed sometime last year. I also didn't get a HP when I signed up in November 2021.

Message 3 of 10
Trini88
Established Contributor

Yep I didn't get a HP when I signed up for their checking account Nov 2021. Closed it last month when I didn't realize to get interest on my $500 in there that I needed direct deposit set up.

Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 10
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@Trini88 wrote:

Yep I didn't get a HP when I signed up for their checking account Nov 2021. Closed it last month when I didn't realize to get interest on my $500 in there that I needed direct deposit set up.

No credit products with them? I love their products and client appreciation.

Message 5 of 10
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Kdroach253 wrote:

Cool. Yea I just didn't see it anywhere on here. Tooo many threads!!

@tortoise_credit wrote:

You didn't look back far enough it has been that way for a few years, I opened a checking account with them in 2020 with no HP.

Message 6 of 10
Trini88
Established Contributor

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

No credit products with them? I love their products and client appreciation.

Nope. Only card I was interested in was their 2% cash back card for having a checking account. Was going to apply after gardening but that whole direct deposit thing threw me off. I'll just stick to keeping money in their savings. I get a lot more interest with them than Bank of America.

Goal Cards:
Message 7 of 10
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

PenFed for the last couple of years will only hard pull when applying for credit products. I got approved for membership, savings, and checking in April 2021 with no hard pull. I later added a premium online savings also with no hard pull. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

premium online savings, I 'impulse' joined yesterday night and no HP methinks(my first saving account by the way, yay lol). Just parked $5 for now, hoping maybe la~~~ter to apply for Platinum CC for 5% gas. Not gonna apply for CC for now, 2 CCs this year bumped down my EQ and TU scores like 20 lol(funnily EX went up), hoping to have decent CL when my scores get back up and over mid 700s, at least 6 month gardening I guess..

Message 9 of 10
DCSportsJunkie
Established Member

@Kdroach253 wrote:

Hello all, I had signed up for a savings account a month ago as I didn't want a hp for a checking account. After a week or so, I signed up for free checking all online and was no hardpull. Don't know if this has been talked about but it did say no affect to credit to verify. Froze all reports just incase. But went through. 🙂

@Kdroach253 This is GREAT to hear, thank you for posting. I was thinking about adding another CU to my roster (already a NFCU member for 25+ years) but was hesitant due to reading it's a HP just for membership. Application to join, here I come!

Authorized User Accounts:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.