Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Personal Loan Prequalify Tool

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Penfed Personal Loan Prequalify Tool

I just found this out from a ad while i was on another website  just log into your Penfed account click apply for personal loan new page loads it clearly states at the top will not affect your credit score. it just asks reason for loan and amount all so you need to make sure they have your cell phone number on file. Since we don't use a home phone i just put my cell in home and mobile box next enter income Rent/Mortgage payment. Thats it will show you if have pre approved offers and the APR enjoy.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed Personal Loan Prequalify Tool

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I just found this out from a ad while i was on another website  just log into your Penfed account click apply for personal loan new page loads it clearly states at the top will not affect your credit score. it just asks reason for loan and amount all so you need to make sure they have your cell phone number on file. Since we don't use a home phone i just put my cell in home and mobile box next enter income Rent/Mortgage payment. Thats it will show you if have pre approved offers and the APR enjoy.Smiley Happy

Wow! Thank you so much for this. I was just sitting here exploring options and wondering if I should consider PenFed. I'd hate to take a hard pull if there was no hope. Now I have a prequalification and rates to compare. Awesome!

Thanks!

More than enough credit.
Message 2 of 21
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@NichelleN wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

Wow! Thank you so much for this. I was just sitting here exploring options and wondering if I should consider PenFed. I'd hate to take a hard pull if there was no hope. Now I have a prequalification and rates to compare. Awesome!

Thanks!

You are welcome.

Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@bigpoppa09, Thanks for posting!  ... Not a lot of people know about this.

Message 4 of 21
Achilles17
New Contributor

Nice find 🙏🏼 Definitely a gem 🎉

Message 5 of 21
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for the tip, @bigpoppa09!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 21
devilnic
Contributor

Thank you for this!!

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

BE CAREFUL!!! THIS WILL CAUSE A HARD INQUIRY DESPITE WHAT THE WEBSITE STATES. 

*screams bloody murder*

07_02_20_22_42.png

07_02_20_22_45.png

Message 8 of 21
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

I didnt get a hp.  But I didnt click the "complete" button either.  I went back to the main screen.  

You might be able to call and have them reverse it.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 9 of 21
dafeagans
Established Member

Preapproved personal loan or Used Auto loan?

Here is what I am preapproved for as a personal loan. This is an unsecured loan, so can I expect to be approved for a used auto loan for the same amount, but a lower rate?

No HP for personal loan preapproval.

HP to get auto loan approval, correct?

20k.jpgoffer cropped.jpg

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.