Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed - ads

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Penfed - ads

Has anybody noticed PenFed being VERY aggressive with advertising lately.. ?  At least in my market (Tampa, Fl), I have been seeing a TON of PenFed commercials on TV.... 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed - ads

Youi're right. I'm in SC where don't even have any PENFED branches near me.  I wish there did though, excellent credit union. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 2 of 15
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Yep.  I suspect we will continue to see even more.  PenFed is focusing on growth.  That is the reason for the acquition of multiple credit unions and those ads.  All great news.  Glad to hear the credit union growing.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

Has anybody noticed PenFed being VERY aggressive with advertising lately.. ?  At least in my market (Tampa, Fl), I have been seeing a TON of PenFed commercials on TV.... 

I have not seen any here in Denver. USAA on the other hand is everywhere. Like a giant middle finger at me since I can't join LOL.  I think if PenFed wants to remain the 3rd largest credit union in the country they need to continue growing. BECU is knocking at PenFed's back door in terms of members and assets. 

How that backward NC SECU became the second largest credit union in the country is beyond me. Its like they give everybody a social security number and a membership to NC SECU at hospital when people are born in NC. 

Message 4 of 15
Curious0ne
New Contributor

I've seen commercials for PenFed here in West Texas also. 

Message 5 of 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Youi're right. I'm in SC where don't even have any PENFED branches near me.  I wish there did though, excellent credit union. 

Guyatthebeach

I have 2 cards with PenFed, and wish that they had a local branch near me... BUT.. I DO have 2 NFCU branches within about 15 miles of me Smiley Happy

They are BOTH awesome as far as I am concerned, both with products, and also customer service (member of both, and DCU as wll)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed tv advertisement

Welp y'all, the show's over... I just saw a TV commercial for PenFed hawking their 2% card in Dallas Tx. Let's see what happens now...

Message 7 of 15
kaw943
Regular Contributor

Re: PenFed tv advertisement

@Anonymous wrote:

Welp y'all, the show's over... I just saw a TV commercial for PenFed hawking their 2% card in Dallas Tx. Let's see what happens now...

Funny I just saw the ad about 30 mins past 4pm central time in Grand Prairie Tx lol, My wife was like that penfed that you have has a commercial on now.  I was like what! I have never seen advertisement in this market.  I would have never known about them had it not been for these here forums lol. 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 8 of 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

PenFed has been VERY aggressive with TV advertising in the Tampa market... I can undertand that though, with the large military presence that we have in the area

Message 9 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

PenFed has been VERY aggressive with TV advertising in the Tampa market... I can undertand that though, with the large military presence that we have in the area

I haven't seen any TV ads in the Tucson market yet, and we have a fairly large military presence with Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson & Ft. Huachuca Army base in Sierra Vista. And I noticed that the blimp that crashed & burned at the U.S. Open golf tournament in WI last week was carrying a large Penfed banner. And Penfed ads follow me just about everywhere I go on the interwebs, but I bank with Penfed and Have the Powercash Rewards Visa, so it must be the cookies.

Good to see Penfed making a big marketing push, can't let Navy Fed have all the fun. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.