Penfed "Offer" Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed "Offer" Letter

FINANCE your next BIG DECISION with a personal loan up to $25,000 

James,

You're invited to apply ...

Questions for those who have succeeded at the Penfed experience (from someone who has gotten ZERO notice from Penfed since becoming a 2k CC member 11 months ago, and then only via recon, as my Egyptianness apparently offends their finely-tuned senses):

* how similar is this to a pre-qualified offer?

* is this precursor to a check arriving in the mail?

* Penfed is warming to me now, right?

* throw it in the trash & chuckle, or keep a watchful eye on the mailbox from now on?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed "Offer" Letter

I received the same "offer" last week... yet have been unable to get a penny out of them since my 3K cc approval in oct 2018 - first it was due to a major, but old / paid derog, then when my reports became clean, the reason was too many new accounts...

so... since nothing's changed, I still have too many new accounts... I decided it's just a marketing scheme devised to convince me to waste another HP - I threw it out.

Still.. interested in reading replies / insight to your Q from others 😊
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the offer letter too. I can't even get a cc with PenFed. Definitely just marketing.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:
... I decided it's just a marketing scheme devised to convince me to waste another HP ...

Tricky Penfed! I hadn't considered that one. You may be right. Hopefully we'll hear from others who: A) got tricked & wasted the HP; or B) survived it and procured shiny new (low interest) loans.

Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You're invited to a Hard PullSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... Definitely just marketing.

While admitting you are quite likely right, I remain hopeful to learn otherwise. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
You're invited to a Hard PullSmiley Happy

Finally, a voice of experience weighs in. Smiley Wink 

("Aye, matey, they might have gotten you but they won't get me too. You'll see. I'll fight 'em off I will. You'll see.") 

Message 7 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I take these offers same as offers in my email, those exclusive offers Smiley Wink. Grains of salt with a side of Penfed Peppers😜
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I take these offers same as offers ...

You've gotten "offer" letters from Penfed? 

That would be a pretty damning DP -- you've made it clear they hate you (and vice versa). 

Message 9 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, no i only get the ubiquitous general emails boasting their rates. Ive never received any personalized offers or mail except one about 2 months ago for their checking. That blew me away as i didnt think my nsme registered on their computersSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.