cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

>>When a company refuses to give you any information about your private information they have collected and won't tell you what that information is, it is irritating as I've not done anything in that last seven years to be effected so adversely. I understand your point though. The least they could do is mention you are on EWS/other reporting agencies so you can repair whatever information is inaccurate (Like all other banks I've banked with thus far). Stating you are banned for life is extreme to say the least if it's just EWS as that information stays for 7 years and is automatically deleted after the timeframe for the infracture expires. It should be good business since to do so. I've spoken to EWS this morning and am getting my report emailed to me within the next 15 days.<<

I'm curious to understand what the highlighted portion of your comment means.  You've indicated that you were previously a Chase customer; Chase retains their internal records for as long as they want and they are not required to only consider the last seven years ( just ask the people who have been blacklisted based on accounts that Chase acquired form other banks).  Chase's internal records are seperate and distinct from the retention practices of the credit bureaus and the specialty reporting agencies like ChexSystems and EWS.  Perhaps Chase will cite a "previous unsatisfactory relationship" based on the internal records of your old account(s) as the reason for adverse action. I never had a bad account with Chase.  The bad account I had was from Wachovia, who was taken over by my current bank,Wells Fargo.

Message 21 of 44
Remedios
Credit Mentor

OP, if anything happened in the past with banks other than Chase, that could be the reason,too

EWS was formed by WF, BOA, Chase, Cap1 and BB&T, so if you had any issues with those banks, it would be in your EWS report. 

Until you get the letter from Chase and your report, there is no way for any of us to guess what precipitated AA on Chase's part. 

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK; then I wish you all the best in getting this resolved in your favor.

P.S. if you're commenting on a phone you need to access the desktop version of your browser the hit the "Quote" button when replying to comments.

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK; then I wish you all the best in getting this resolved in your favor.

P.S. if you're commenting on a phone you need to access the desktop version of your browser the hit the "Quote" button when replying to comments.

Thanks I'm hopeful to get things resolved. I just think it's very much BIG BROTHER and I don't like it. Will update the thread when I hear back. 

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one is ENTITLED to a bank account at any bank. Just as we can chose whom to bank with, a bank can also choose. That’s just how it works. Do we file complaints when Discover won’t issue a credit card because of past credit missteps? No. Same deal with the bank.

On top of all that, if you feel so wronged, why would you ever put your trust in Chase again?

Chase is hardly the holy grail of banks. You can find better.
Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No one is ENTITLED to a bank account at any bank. Just as we can chose whom to bank with, a bank can also choose. That’s just how it works. Do we file complaints when Discover won’t issue a credit card because of past credit missteps? No. Same deal with the bank.

On top of all that, if you feel so wronged, why would you ever put your trust in Chase again?

Chase is hardly the holy grail of banks. You can find better.

I'm not trying to sound ENTITLED. I'm trying to figure out what negative information is on my file so I can correct it. If Discover won't give me a card I know it's because my credit score, inquiries, etc. They tell me why! Chase will not release that information to me. 

You don't have to be so condescending in your reply. I admitted already that I reacted harshly. What I'm upset about is thus far I have no way of knowing what to do to make ammends.

Message 26 of 44
Remedios
Credit Mentor

A quick reminder, please keep it FSR

Thank you 

Message 27 of 44
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I dont want to lock this thread but I will if comments do not remain FSR. Thanks for understanding.
Message 28 of 44
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

Could be nothing too, a false-positive in Chase's internal process. They are big enough not to care about losing 1 or 10000 customers.

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has banned account holders permanently for reasons too numerous to name.  You need to get a direct reply from Chase as none of us can tell you why as we don’t have the information that Chase has which includes personal information.  

Chase has one of the better reputations for a National Bank as per Customer satisfaction surveys.  Sorry, no one here can give more information as to what has happened and why.  I personally have done business with numerous banks and credit card issuers.  I have never been banned from life from anyone.  I have had credit accounts closed for nonusage which is normal or certain credit limits reduced on some cards.  Reasons Chase would close accounts could be for high risk businesses or activities done on the account, bounced checks, fraud, money laundering, reasons to do with IRS and much more.  Banks don’t take these decisions lightly as they want deposits into the bank to make money to generate loans, so something in their information set generated a red flag which they felt to be a liability.  

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.