Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Line of Credit - No Proof of Income

tag
rdwilson7071

Personal Line of Credit - No Proof of Income

Hey everyone (1st post!),

Are there any banks/credit unions that offer personal lines of credit without having to provide proof of income?

Any reccomendations would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Line of Credit - No Proof of Income

@rdwilson7071 wrote:

... Any reccomendations would be appreciated!

I'd recommend searching this particular subforum for "PLOC" and you'll find many different approvals. I will suggest most of those require no POI, but if not explicitly stated you can always ask the OP in the thread or DM.

Personally I have two: NFCU 15K & RBFCU 5K. Neither required POI.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Often POI requirements vary dramatically depending on claimed income and your CRs.

Navy Federal did not ask me for any POI for any of my 3 credit cards with them based on income in the 6 figures.

Of course, honesty is best just in case...

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 7
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Didnt ask:

- Penfed
- Navy Fed

Asked:
- Georgia's Own
- Wells Fargo
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RickNATL wrote:
Didnt ask:

- Penfed
- Navy Fed

Asked:
- Georgia's Own
- Wells Fargo

Never been asked for POI by:

1. Navy

2. PenFed

3. HSBC

4. Citi

5. Wells Fargo

6. BMO Harris

7. US Bank

YMMV.  Some get asked for POI and others do not.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the better question is, are there any Banks that offer LOC without a HP? lol

Aside from the reasons that have been discussed regarding 4506-T and what 3rd party it goes through. I've never understood the aversion to POI, it's fairly simple process to upload docs to the Lenders. At least for my Personal Loans it was.

Message 6 of 7
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Other posters provided good DPs. IMHO, the answer will depend on your relationship with the bank or CU. If you have an existing credit product with a bank/CU, you may not have to provide POI on the PLOC app.

Sometimes, the institution will indicate if POI is required based on the amount requested in the LOC application. If you do not have a depository or credit relationship with a bank or CU, PLOC approval may be more challenging with or without POI requests.
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.