Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan - 36 Months 5.90%

tag
CleanCredit
Contributor

Personal Loan - 36 Months 5.90%

Hi All,

I just recently got a personal loan through my local credit union (University of Wisconsin CU).  The details of the loan:

Amount: $8,400

APR: 5.9%

Term: 36 Months

Fico: 760's

I am just curious as to whether or not this is a good rate?  The term was a little shorter than I had wanted but the APR seemed decent.  It seems that all other places I look offer longer terms, but they would only give me 36 months.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Loan - 36 Months 5.90%

@CleanCredit wrote:

Hi All,

I just recently got a personal loan through my local credit union (University of Wisconsin CU).  The details of the loan:

I am just curious as to whether or not this is a good rate?  The term was a little shorter than I had wanted but the APR seemed decent.  It seems that all other places I look offer longer terms, but they would only give me 36 months.

I think this is a pretty great for an unsecured loan.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CleanCredit wrote:

Hi All,

That is a very good rate. The only rate that I have seen that is lower is with Unify Financial Credit Union. They usually offer a 12 month personal loan for 2.99% for various seasons etc. Right now they are offering the 12 month 2.99% "Spring Loan."  Of course I just re-read what you posted and you wanted longer than 36 months not shorter. Basically, take your rate and go with it, that is an awesome rate. Most other credit unions charge 10% or more.  

Message 3 of 4
CleanCredit
Contributor

All, thanks for the replies.  The length of the loan isn't ideal but oh well, I'll take it.  It was a seamless transaction.  I was approved and within minutes they deposited the money into my account. 

It's my first experience with a personal loan, so I didn't know what to expect.  I'm hoping the addition of this to my credit line will help bump up my Fico a bit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.