Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan Advice - Indv or Joint?

tag
Milo1
New Visitor

Personal Loan Advice - Indv or Joint?

Trying to lower cc debt which has reached 20K.  My wife has a 655 FICO and annual income was 35k last year.  My FICO is 599 and my annual income was 115k.  Can she get a personal loan by herself or would joint application be best even though I have a low score?  We were going to try LendingClub since she received a pre-approval code, but I know that doesn't mean anything.

Looking for suggestions on best course of action or best place to apply for approval.  Looking to get at least 10K

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Re: Personal Loan Advice - Indv or Joint?

My husband and I keep all of our finances separate, so I'd recommend that.  It keeps our purchaes from affecting the other person's credit score, plus it's just easier to keep track of what money we have available this way.  

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 2 of 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Personal Loan Advice - Indv or Joint?

@Milo1 wrote:

Trying to lower cc debt which has reached 20K.  My wife has a 655 FICO and annual income was 35k last year.  My FICO is 599 and my annual income was 115k.  Can she get a personal loan by herself or would joint application be best even though I have a low score?  We were going to try LendingClub since she received a pre-approval code, but I know that doesn't mean anything.

Looking for suggestions on best course of action or best place to apply for approval.  Looking to get at least 10K

Hi and welcome

I think a $10K loan is going to be difficult with her score and income, even if you did it jointly. Scores are too low. And if you succeeded, the APR would probably be quite high. 

What is your individual UT and aggregate UT?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.