Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan Help

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal Loan Help

Good luck! These are some good data points for anyone who may be in a similar situation. Let us know how it turns out.

Message 11 of 21
Bounrith

Have you approached Lending Club or Prosper about consolidating all or the highest APR loans?  I am new to this forum so I am missing some proper nuances and attack methods. But to give you an example, I did 1 Lending Club loan for 13.49% APR (including their origination fee) and about to pay that off after 24 months on a 36 months term. They recently offered me a higher loan amount for 7.14% APR. You have higher FICO than me, but I do have an impeccable payment history. The key is to have gone through a loan with them first and satisfy their algorithm, and the next offer will really help us out.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the Prequalifiers for several of the online loan companies a month ago. The common theme was 17-19% APR or flat out couldnt be pre approved. 

I will check with them again after my statements cut 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I my score jumped up to 684 after the last statements cut.

I went ahead and applied online for a loan at the local credit union on Wednesday afternoon. I haven’t heard back from them yet which makes it feel like they probably denied it. Hope not though, I’ll report back when I hear from them.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well here we are 8 business days after the application and still no decision. It took 5 business days for them to send me an email asking for pay statements and info on what i wanted to consolidate. I sent them that info on Tuesday the 3rd and have heard nothing back since.  When i used them in the past their decisions good or bad were practically instant so this has me scratching my head a bit. 

Message 15 of 21
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got a response 

Application was denied due to high DTI 

so back to the original question of where to go from here. 

I have roughly 7.5k in CC debt and a little over 9 on that loan all of this is subprime in the 20-30% range.

my main objective is to get this all paid off as soon as possible at as low of a rate as possible

not sure if i mentioned it earlier but the loan is secured with a boat that now has major mechanical issues that i will not be fixing at this time. The boat is still worth 3-4k as it sits. So it would be very beneficial to me get rid of the loan and sell the boat. 

any suggestions are welcomed

​​​​​​​thank you for all your help  so far. 

Message 17 of 21
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Ouch.  Sorry for the denial, but thank you for the update!

Do you know your current TU 8 score?  You might try the preapproval tool at Discover to see if you qualify for a new Discover card that might come with a 12 or 18 month zero percent BT offer....

On some accounts, Discover will allow a cash deposit to your checking account AS A BALANCE TRANSFER that qualifies for the zero percent APR.

That'd be my next idea...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll know the current score in a few days once my current disco updates it. My current disco has a crap limit so I doubt i can get that kind of a limit from them right now.

If the pre approvals from places like Marcus, lending club etc are halfway accurate I should be able to get a loan from them at around 15-16%

I know that’s not ideal but a heck of a lot better than 25% plus it would allow me to sell the boat.

I was hoping to find a 0% BT within the next 6 months for my credit card debt. I figure I could easily pay that off in a 18 month at 0% probably closer to a year.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up applying with Prosper this morning to try to get rid of the 25% loan.

Applied this morning, approved this afternoon. Money will be in my account in 1-4 business days. 

11.5% for 3 years, In comparison to my old loan my monthly payment will go up 7 dollars and will be paid off 14 months earlier saving me roughly $3500 over the life of the loan. Plus i will be able to sell the boat, 

This is a huge win for me, next step is to knock down my CC utilization some more and hopefully get a 0% BT card to knock out  that debt out.

TU score according to Prosper was 679

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.