Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan approval with fair credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Loan approval with fair credit

Hi are there any personal loan lenders who only pull Experian and will approve someone with a 637 fico?  Experian is my highest score. I need to payoff debts on my CR totaling $10,000.  I've been with my employer 20yrs but make only $60,000/yr. I'm in credit repair and hope to purchase a home in the near future.   Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal Loan approval with fair credit

I would say that it would depend, mostly, upon your monthly expenses.

What is called "Debt-to-Income ratio."

How much are your monthly obligations (rent, mortgage, car note, credit card debt, etc)?

A 637 score is not a great score....but if you don't have too much expenses, you could be approved.

I was declined, quite a few times, for loans despite an upper 600s score.  Because of my Debt-To-Income ratio.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'd say it's not going to happen with any lender unless you're willing to go for 20% or higher APR.

Your score is indicative of presence of negatives, and probably made worse with high utilization 

Best you can do is to address the negatives, bring utilization down to bearable level, then see what happens to your scores and if it improves your chances of qualifying for one. 

Message 3 of 5
donkort
Valued Contributor

Do you have any old charge-offs/collections which might have been paid off/resolved, but are still on your report?

Do you have old major lates (at least 60 days) or recent (2 years ago or later) 30-day lates?

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 4 of 5
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Are you a member of a local credit union?

When I was rebuilding my credit post BK, credit unions helped me when no one else would. With your FICO and assuming your DTI is in line, they may be able to help you.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.