Did you mean: 

Personal loan help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal loan help!

Not sure where to post this,

i posted this in rebuilding credit, but I'm not sure where to post

I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get a reasonable personal loan to consolidate Credit Card debt?. I tried Upstart, avant, lending club etc and they all said no. My EX is 621, TU is 609, and EQ is 599, ( they were all below 400 3 months ago) I have $10,000 in CC debt. I currently have a $4500 monthly net income, with $2400 going to my mortgage every month. All I have is my 2014 GT500 that is fully paid for and valued at 41-44,000. Anyone have any advice?. I'm currently paying $500 towards cards every month but the interest rates on them is 24.99%, 27%.
Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal loan help?.

Maybe do an auto title loan if you're sure you'll be able to pay it back. With those scores it'll be hard to find a debt consolidation loan at a good rate, if at all.
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest staying away from title loans.

It's going to be very difficult to get a personal loan with your scores.

Can you get a HELOC?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal loan help!

Just so you understand in the future. Don't cross post. Meaning same post in different threads. Just post where you think and a moderator will decide where it should go.

Welcome to the forums.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a "HELOC"?. I'm a member of Navy Federal and Golden1
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Equity Line of Credit?
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could sell your car and pay off you CC debt and buy a car with a sizable down payment.
Message 7 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
You could sell your car and pay off you CC debt and buy a car with a sizable down payment.

+1

I would consider this as well.  Back in the early 2000s I had a three year-old Mustang that was also PIF... when times got tough, I sold it to CarMax for a little over the book value.  I might could have done better with a private buyer, but it was no-hassle, and they were able to give me a check the same day.

I know this isn't what you're wanting to hear - and if you look hard enough you might (?) find other options, depending on your credit profile - but this would be the quickest 'fix'.  As Donny suggests you could use part of the proceeds as a down-payment on a new more modest-priced car, and use the difference to pay off your credit cards.  In time, you could use the money you will save in credit card interest to put down on a new 'dream car'... the difference is next time you (ideally) won't be saddled with credit card payments.  Smiley Happy

Good luck whatever you decide!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the board.  Unfortunately, your scores are too low for the places you tried to get a loan at.  Have you tried the credit union?  CUs tend to be more lenient when it comes to lending.

Message 9 of 13
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure where to post this,

i posted this in rebuilding credit, but I'm not sure where to post

I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get a reasonable personal loan to consolidate Credit Card debt?. I tried Upstart, avant, lending club etc and they all said no. My EX is 621, TU is 609, and EQ is 599, ( they were all below 400 3 months ago) I have $10,000 in CC debt. I currently have a $4500 monthly net income, with $2400 going to my mortgage every month. All I have is my 2014 GT500 that is fully paid for and valued at 41-44,000. Anyone have any advice?. I'm currently paying $500 towards cards every month but the interest rates on them is 24.99%, 27%.

You say you have 10000 credit card debt, what is your credit limits, because utilization is 30% of score, but is a point in time metric. If that 10k is causing very high utilization, then paying that down to under 9% can raise scores so you qualify for the loan you need. Is there a family member that would loan you enough to do this for a week or two?

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.