Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal loan in distant future.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal loan in distant future.

So I have decided to set up a long term plan (2-3 years) to build credit and relationships to buy a semi truck. Since almost all banks and cu will not do a secured auto loan (truck as collateral) on a class 8 truck from what I've researched, and the "specialized" truck financing companies seem to be a joke, I'm thinking a personal loan is the way to go.

My goal will be financing 25-30k for this purchase.

Currently building my credit i don't have a fico right now but I'm on track to get it going. Have 3 revolving credit lines and will be doing a ssl soon. My income right now is around 40k with zero debt. Household income is around 60k. We have a mortgage and auto loan neither have my name on them.

My question is should I open savings or checking accounts now to start a relationship for when I go for the personal loan? If so what are some good suggestions? I currently only bank at Simmons first.

Also what should my credit score goal be when I'm ready to apply? I'm not sure how my income will affect my standings since it will increase around 30-50%(after expenses) after the truck is rolling.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal loan in distant future.

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have decided to set up a long term plan (2-3 years) to build credit and relationships to buy a semi truck. Since almost all banks and cu will not do a secured auto loan (truck as collateral) on a class 8 truck from what I've researched, and the "specialized" truck financing companies seem to be a joke, I'm thinking a personal loan is the way to go.

My goal will be financing 25-30k for this purchase.

Currently building my credit i don't have a fico right now but I'm on track to get it going. Have 3 revolving credit lines and will be doing a ssl soon. My income right now is around 40k with zero debt. Household income is around 60k. We have a mortgage and auto loan neither have my name on them.

My question is should I open savings or checking accounts now to start a relationship for when I go for the personal loan? If so what are some good suggestions? I currently only bank at Simmons first.

Also what should my credit score goal be when I'm ready to apply? I'm not sure how my income will affect my standings since it will increase around 30-50%(after expenses) after the truck is rolling.

Credit unions will definitely be a good choice for a personal loan as well as sites like sofi.com.  I'd suggest you open an account with a credit union like Pentagon Federal Credit Union.  As for scores needed for a personal loan, around 700 is a good starting place but they will look for other factors as well such as age of credit history and existing credit accounts.  Good luck with your plan and hope it all works out for you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.