Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal loan?

tag
emily15
Regular Contributor

Re: Personal loan?

Yes! I am working on that as well. Done the budget and working on the snowball. Thank you!
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s your debt to income ratio & credit used versus credit available %? Also, when you don’t get pre-approval, they should tell you why you weren’t approved. Address those issues. I just took out a personal loan at a higher interest rate but for 36mo as well. So that’s a good thing really, a shorter term. When you pay down the CC debt your scores should improve. Just give it some time, maybe 6mo if on-time payments then refinance.
Message 12 of 13
FlaDude
Established Contributor

I've had good luck checking for offers through Credit Karma or NerdWallet. I have three loans now, 2 at 6%, one is at 7% but had an origination fee so the APR was about 9%. One of the 6% loans was when my score wasn't much different than yours. I've found that loan offers vary widely, searching a lot of sources at one time speeds up the process.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.