cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question/Poll: High Yield Savings Account—"HYSA" that works well with NFCU Checking and you TRUST!

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Question/Poll: High Yield Savings Account—"HYSA" that works well with NFCU Checking and you TRUST!

I'm looking for a High Yield Savings Account—"HYSA" that works well with NFCU Checking accounts and/or HYSA's that you and the community trust and use.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question/Poll: HYSA that works well with NFCU Checking and you TRUST!

What is HYSA?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
What is HYSA?

Well, this might explain the "crickets"—No replies. I was trying to be "hip" and say High Yield Savings Account—"HYSA" but if you one of the GOATs don't understand it then I am mistaken. Any way I can get this post bumped to see more results?

I'm fixing the title now.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
What is HYSA?

@CreditInspired High Yield Savings Account.  Not sure why it would matter that one "works well" with NFCU though.  

I currently have three; American Express Personal Savings, Citi Accelerate Savings, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs but in my mind they aren't really "high yield." Citi has the highest APY of the three at 1.85% currently. I can get 2% on balances up to $25,000 with my BCU Power Checking account but that requires several monthly transactions which are simple enough to do with .50 cents Amazon refills.

Message 4 of 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
What is HYSA?

@CreditInspired High Yield Savings Account.  Not sure why it would matter that one "works well" with NFCU though.  

I currently have three; American Express Personal Savings, Citi Accelerate Savings, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs but in my mind they aren't really "high yield." Citi has the highest APY of the three at 1.85% currently. I can get 2% on balances up to $25,000 with my BCU Power Checking account but that requires several monthly transactions which are simple enough to do with .50 cents Amazon refills.

Every time I see your reply I have been wanting someday for you to reply to my thread so I could say OHIO GO BUCKS!! Hopefully, we can put our college sports love aside for the love of finances lol.

Unfortunately, Citi isn't available in my area (LA, CA) the last time I checked. How do you like Marcus by Goldman Sachs? and have you ever used Ally?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never used Ally.  I've had the Marcus account for about two years and so far so good.  Its simple to link external accounts but it generally takes a few days beore transferred funds are released and available.

Pretty sure the Bucks are in Milwaukee.

Message 6 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
What is HYSA?

Thanks MaizeandBlue. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never used Ally.  I've had the Marcus account for about two years and so far so good.  Its simple to link external accounts but it generally takes a few days beore transferred funds are released and available.

Pretty sure the Bucks are in Milwaukee.

I'm signing up for Marcus now. Thank you!

I'll disregard the "Pretty sure the Bucks are in Milwaukee" comment lol!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.