Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for someone with chase banking

tag
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Question for someone with chase banking

Thinking of signing up to get the free 600$  does anyone know if chase online banking lets you add external accounts you can swap money back to other banks  really like my credit union but a free 600$ is free money lol

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for someone with chase banking

Message 2 of 5
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I've moved money back and forth between Chase checking and an external CU checking account, it's pretty easy to do.

Keep in mind the requirements for getting those new account bonuses... requires you to set up direct deposit, deposit $15,000 and leave it there for 90 days, etc.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 3 of 5
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

I've moved money back and forth between Chase checking and an external CU checking account, it's pretty easy to do.

Keep in mind the requirements for getting those new account bonuses... requires you to set up direct deposit, deposit $15,000 and leave it there for 90 days, etc.

Yea i got the 15k at CiT bank at 2.45% so the 200b is more that id maake there and i could do ach back to my CU so would not have to chang my Auto pay

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you are saying that....

(1)  You have not yet deposited 15k into your Chase savings

(2)  That 15k is currently in a Citi account

(3)  You plan to transfer the 15k to the Chase account soon

Is that right?

As far as learning what options are available at a bank or CU for ACH transfers (always look into fees as well) the customer service desk is a better place to ask than us.  Usually, however, you will be able to figure it out on your own.  There is typically a button on the bank's web page (once you have logged into your checking account) called TRANSFERS.  You click on that and then you just need to add an external account, and there will likely be a button for that too.

The Chase $600 bonus is a great place to start a career in bonus chasing.  If you have a fun experience doing that, I'd then encourage you to look at these links from Doctor of Credit, which is my go-to site for the hobby of bank bonus chasing.  You can easily make $1000 a year chasing bonuses, and $1500 or even $2000 is quite possible if you work at it.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/a-beginners-guide-to-bank-account-bonuses/

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-bank-account-bonuses/

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.