Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU Membership Denial, ACC American Consumer Council Backdoor Closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RBFCU Membership Denial, ACC American Consumer Council Backdoor Closed

I am posting this for the datapoint.  Geofence is strictly enforced, confirmed.  I applied using my ACC membership as my eligibility.  I received an email to call in.  I called and the CSR confirmed the geofence of TX residents only is in effect.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditfan
Established Contributor

Re: RBFCU Membership Denial, ACC American Consumer Council Backdoor Closed

ACC memberships for TX residents who are not living their foot print. It has been that way for as long as I remember. The backdoor you mentioned was for the pta route that no longer working

Message 2 of 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

ACC memberships for TX residents who are not living their foot print. It has been that way for as long as I remember. The backdoor you mentioned was for the pta route that no longer working

+1

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Oh interesting.  I knew about the geofencing but I didn't know there was an ACC route for Texas residents that weren't local.

I did a 1 month hop through Austin which would've qualified me but since I was trying to get a mortgage closed I didn't even think about trying to open up membership at the time... but now being with a Houston address if I can get in via ACC I might go do that, maybe.  It's a handy CU to have around from what I've seen over the years.

        
Message 4 of 5
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Meanwhile it literally says "You don’t have to live in Texas to be a member of RBFCU."

https://www.rbfcu.org/learn/educational-resources/you-re-not-in-texas-banking-services-that-can-help

These credit unions are pathetic and seriously need to get their act together, stop talking out of both sides of their mouth and figure out what their actual policies are so they can stop misleading & confusing people.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.