Did you mean: 

Redneck Bank increasing rates!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Redneck Bank increasing rates!

@Anonymous wrote:

Love the name.

Heritage is giving 3.3% right now up to 20 K.  No, the name isn't as clever, but it's sum good returns up in there. 

As for the debit transactions, all these high yield checkin accounts require it.  Just amazon reload 50 cents 10 times, takes about maybe a minute.

Exactly! I hit the debit card with 10 Amazon gift card reloads for 50 cents a piece. It does the trick and only takes a couple of minutes to do.

Message 21 of 27
huzchris
Valued Member

Does heritage have a HP to join
Starting Score: 486
Current Score: 775
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

|| NFCU CashRewards $19K || Amazon Prime $11K || PenFed PowerCash Rewards $17.5K || Citi Costco $8.1K || Discover Chrome $8K || AmEx BlueCashPreferred $5K || Citi Rewards+ $2.3K || Apple $2K || AmEx Green || CAL Ranch $13.1K || Sportsman's Guide $4K || Fingerhut $1.6K ||
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@huzchris wrote:
Heritage is SP only. Personally I think WYHY and Orion are the best of the Rewards Checking bunch, both pays 4% on 15k (WYHY 12 debit) and 30k (Orion 8 debit), both are HP to join but well worth it IMO.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@huzchris wrote:
Heritage is SP only. Personally I think WYHY and Orion are the best of the Rewards Checking bunch, both pays 4% on 15k (WYHY 12 debit) and 30k (Orion 8 debit), both are HP to join but well worth it IMO.

Hadn't looked into these, but they appear to be local credit unions.  Are you able to get in to them out of state?  The comment section on Doctor of Credit made it seem like it's very difficult getting set up with these two if you are out of state.  One thing I like about the heritage CU is that the only requirement is for me to do the debit transactions, which is a quick amazon process.  I hate some of these that require direct deposits or something similar.  Just more tedious stuff to think about.  All that said, 4% is definitely nice, but probably not worth the effort to get an extra ~ $150/year. 

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both are definitely nationwide even though DoC has both listed as regional only.

1. WYHY - When you read the part under "Availability" you will see "Must open in branch, all branches are in WY. Non residents can open via phone (Call 307-638-4200, choose option 5, then option 5 again to get a real person)".  I'm in NJ and I have had this account since May when I applied over the phone.  Requirements are e-statement, 1 ACH transaction of any kind, 12 debit in person POS transactions ( I have tried a few online transactions like $1 CCT and it counted), have not tried Amazon reload because a friend is currently using it and pays me cash every week so I have no need.

2. Orion - Again, don't know why DoC has it as regional, the comments section clearly states that many have opened online out of state.  E-statement, 1 DD or ATM or ACH deposit of $500 (you can move the $500 afterwards), 8 signature based (no pins) debit transactions, based on comments section Amazon reload will work.  I have not opened this one yet, waiting for my funds to free up from Ally's 100k/1k 1% bonus after 1/15/19, 30k will end up in this account then.

Message 25 of 27
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

This sounds like a classic SNL sketch. Smiley Very Happy

It would be worth it just to see the look on a waiter's face at an upscale NYC restaurant to whip that debit card out to pay the bill. Smiley LOL

I am SERIOUSLY contemplating making that happen..... and hubby, who spent a chunk of his childhood with relations in a holler near "BollinGreen", can summon the thickest of the appropriate accent in a hot second. Yeah... we might have to make this happen!

Message 26 of 27
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Redneck bank still got my love. Though I cancelled the checking account the money market also comes with that sweet lookin card.

2.75% for rewards checkin and 2.25% for money market. Details in mobile app show your accrued interest each day. 

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.