Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redneck Bank...

tag
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Redneck Bank...

Am I the only one who was initially disturbed by that horsefly that crawls around on the screen. LOL  Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I always felt like these were too much work. 

I guess if you could go to a grocery store and scan & pay for 10 <$1 items individually, you could come out ahead.

Vending machines my friend! My go to for meeting a transaction minimum on a debit card.

Aren’t most items in a vending machine overpriced and would cut into any profit here?  Now if gumball machines took debit cards that would be a dream.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy your new found bank account!

As for me, the use of Debit Cards is gone from my life for security reasons. My bank offers a card with so many swipes (10 or 15 per month) and I can earn an extra 0.03% of interest on the checking account. Not gon'na happen. Too much work.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wont lie, I sent this to all the redneck people i know

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess if you could go to a grocery store and scan & pay for 10 <$1 items individually, you could come out ahead.

Vending machines my friend! My go to for meeting a transaction minimum on a debit card.

Aren’t most items in a vending machine overpriced and would cut into any profit here?  Now if gumball machines took debit cards that would be a dream.

The ones on campus where I go to school are fairly reasonable with the exception the beef jerky and the Starbucks Frappuccino prices. But tis the price you pay to not have to walk a zillion miles in the blazing heat to the actual Starbucks or the Chick-Fil-A. My department's building is at the very back of a 145 acre campus and of course all the food is on the front edge of campus. I've been trying to convince the dean to give us a coffee cart at least! Nerds need caffeine too! 

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The ones on campus where I go to school are fairly reasonable with the exception the beef jerky and the Starbucks Frappuccino prices. But tis the price you pay to not have to walk a zillion miles in the blazing heat to the actual Starbucks or the Chick-Fil-A. My department's building is at the very back of a 145 acre campus and of course all the food is on the front edge of campus. I've been trying to convince the dean to give us a coffee cart at least! Nerds need caffeine too! 

I don't really use it, but the vending machine in my workplace is fairly reasonably priced (though we got a notice that the prices are going up /again/ in less than a year). The drink machine is still cheaper on 20oz than any store (1.35, no tax vs 1.89+tax at stores). Also, any matching snack at the nearby convenience store is more expensive than the vending machine. Most expensive item in the vending machine is, as Citalix said, meat snacks. Usually either jerky or dried nuggets, and they're only $2 vs $2.75 across the street.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ten transactions a month is easy. My Amex gives me 20% more points if I do 20 transactions a month, and that is also easy. Just figure it out with your daily routine.

On Sunday mornings  we have bagels for breakfast. When I go out to buy the bagels early Sunday morning I buy the bagels at the bakery, the lox and newspaper at the supermarket and fill up my gas tank at the supermarket's gas pumps. That's 3 out of the 20 transactions right there in the same parking lot.  Add automatic payment of my gas, electric, telephone and internet costs each month out of the credit card and there are 16 out of the 20 transactions (4 times the 3 each Sunday plus the 4 utilities). I do monthly checks to 4 charities and there is my 20 per month. Every Friday I pay the credit card in full so it costs me nothing in interest or fees.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geico has been happily accepting my $1 dollar payments back to back to back for years now right through the app. Dont buy new crap just find a way to pay what you already must. Im as far from a Redneck as they come, but i'll take that interest after a year and go buy a pair of Overalls!

Message 18 of 26
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I'm an Amex kinda guy with the ED Card but I got their Money Market which comes with that sweet card. I pay $1 to my phone bill each month to keep it active.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 19 of 26
kat8mouse30
Established Member

Didn't know about the Google Pay option -- I'll have to look into that.  

I have 2 accounts at Heritage bank earning 3.33% but need 10 debit card swipes each per month.  I usually just ring up 20 items separately at the grocery store in self checkout - sometimes get a weird look from the people working there but I do it early when hardly no other customers are there.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.