snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Redstone FCU Pre-approval emails and free FICO score

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Thanks @Gmood1 

I did not pay close attention to that.

I received no call or email but I know all the uploaded Docs. took to entering.

I will let them work on it. if I do not hear back by Wed., I will call them.

Thanks again for all your helpSmiley Happy

@M_Smart007   --Just wondering if you heard back about your approval from rfcu yetSmiley Happy

@snickerpedia, In fact I did .. I called yesterday, someone goofed and closed out my applicationSmiley Frustrated

The rep said it was dumb, as they are supposed to stay open for 60 days. I will likely wait then re-apply,

after things somewhat get back to normal. Kind of frustratedSmiley Indifferent

oh NO!!! and you took a hard pull for this??? I would be livid!!! you think they would have offered to reopen your application since it was their error.....

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 61 of 90
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@snickerpedia wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Thanks @Gmood1 

I did not pay close attention to that.

I received no call or email but I know all the uploaded Docs. took to entering.

I will let them work on it. if I do not hear back by Wed., I will call them.

Thanks again for all your helpSmiley Happy

@M_Smart007   --Just wondering if you heard back about your approval from rfcu yetSmiley Happy

@snickerpedia, In fact I did .. I called yesterday, someone goofed and closed out my applicationSmiley Frustrated

The rep said it was dumb, as they are supposed to stay open for 60 days. I will likely wait then re-apply,

after things somewhat get back to normal. Kind of frustratedSmiley Indifferent

oh NO!!! and you took a hard pull for this??? I would be livid!!! you think they would have offered to reopen your application since it was their error.....

Yep, took an EX hard pull, The rep I spoke with really apologized. I will see on the next app if I can get them to re-code it as a "SP".

I used to get "livid" about these things, but at 37 EX HP's, it's not like it will ding me anymoresmiley-laughing021.gif

After all, it is just "Credit" .. as Long as I get more approvals than denials ..Honestly I am ok.

Message 62 of 90
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

I hear you - I am at 16 inquiries since last may on my experian and there are no more dings....--but i am still stuck in the old mindset that my precious inquiries matter hehe.

I hope they code it as a SP next time, you were pre approved correct??? If it were me I'd probably be on the phone asking to speak to management, however I am a PITA. Smiley Happy

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 63 of 90
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@snickerpedia wrote:

I hear you - I am at 16 inquiries since last may on my experian and there are no more dings....--but i am still stuck in the old mindset that my precious inquiries matter hehe.

I hope they code it as a SP next time, you were pre approved correct??? If it were me I'd probably be on the phone asking to speak to management, however I am a PITA. Smiley Happy

Last I heard, after uploading Doc's. I was told everything looked good. I see no reason for denial, as it was sent for final.

I am just thinking they are running on a skeleton staff and being over run with apps. Mistakes happen.

Not worth getting Salty over it.

Message 64 of 90
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero, Cannot believe how quiet the approvals thread has been?  .. just wow!

Yeah, it has really slowed down. Sign of the times?

@AllZero, Could very well be?

Message 65 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @AllZero!!

While I wait to hopefully get some of these amazing offers (Jeopardy song is now playing), I have a question. @AllZero since these are in your email/acct home page and are not pre-approvals, are they pre-quals since they are 'offers to apply' and I assume there will be a hard pull? @Gmood1 when they are pre-approved offers like you received will there be a HP if you accept? The newbie here is trying to understand the difference lol!!

Message 66 of 90
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

😆I'm not sure. I haven't used any of mine. YMMV depending on the FI. Some just SP, while others will still HP on a pre-approval.

Message 67 of 90
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats @AllZero!!

While I wait to hopefully get some of these amazing offers (Jeopardy song is now playing), I have a question. @AllZero since these are in your email/acct home page and are not pre-approvals, are they pre-quals since they are 'offers to apply' and I assume there will be a hard pull? @Gmood1 when they are pre-approved offers like you received will there be a HP if you accept? The newbie here is trying to understand the difference lol!!

Thank you @Anonymous 

The offer is shown in the account home page. Verbiage shows it is a pre-qual, "Apply for a loan". Thus, it will be a HP if I apply. If it shows "Accept my offer", then I presume it will be a SP but expect a HP?

* If Accept My Offer is shown, you have been pre-approved. Accept your desired amount and term. If Apply For Loan is shown, you don't have any pre-approvals available today. By clicking Apply For Loan, you are initiating a new credit application which is subject to credit approval.

Message 68 of 90
Neiltyson
Contributor

Just came across this. Looks interesting. 

Are people excited about this because you get pre-qualified offers for cards and if you accept, you don't get a Hard Pull for those new cards?

Do you get a hard pull for getting the Rural King red harvest card to join the credit union through the backdoor if you don't live in alabama? 

Message 69 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neiltyson 

I joined Redstone by applying for the Rural King Harvest Visa, so I took one HP. If I understand correctly, if you join the CU and then apply for a card, you will take a HP for each. I live in a state without any RK stores but received an approval for a $6K SL.

It seems like pre-approved  offers can show up after a few months (3?) for some members. I will always expect a HP so I'm never dissapointed lol!!

Message 70 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.