Did you mean: 

Rejoin DCU After IIB

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Rejoin DCU After IIB

I had a small balance  1K in OD Checking account with DCU that I IIB

Think I can apply to rejoin...

I know most credit unions blacklist... just curious if anyone has dealt with DCU afer IIB

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Rejoin DCU After IIB

Well, I doubt it. Most credit unions blacklist permanently after a loss because they're non-profit, member owned and don't have the loss reserves commerical banks have.

But I guess it won't hurt to try, if you're blacklisted they'll let you know without pulling your credit. I have a 2010 BK7 on my report but didn't include DCU, so they approved me for membership and a car loan in 2017 without a problem.

Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

I had a small balance  1K in OD Checking account with DCU that I IIB

Think I can apply to rejoin...

I know most credit unions blacklist... just curious if anyone has dealt with DCU afer IIB

I’m only guessing but I’m thinking an overdrawn bank account may be worse than a default on a CC. So you’re probably in chexsystem and wouldn’t be able to open another checking or savings account anywhere until that’s cleared up. 

But this is just my 2cents. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Both above posters are probably correctl and DCU uses chexsystems and that alone would get your declined.

Message 4 of 6
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

The chexsystens entry has been deleted...I called and submitted a copy of my discharge and they promptly removed the entry

The overdraft was from a few automatic bill payments that went out when I had a loss of income...(they mail bank checks) and paid them all.

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect for a concrete answer you're going to have to take a flier and simply re-apply for membership.

IIRC reading here a bit ago it's no longer a HP for membership / share accounts, so might be worth the college try TBH.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.