Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renters insurance?

tag
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Renters insurance?

Happy saturday everyone!

The GF and I have been approved for our first apartment together and are looking forward to moving in in march! But we need renters insurance and am looking for reccomendations. Ive gotten free quotes from geico/progressive who i also have auto coverage with individually on my 2 vehicles. Progressive has been the lowest at ~$130 a year for 100k liability plus a little extra coverage for things like laptops, playstation ect. Any other reccomendations would be great! USAA is an option through her grandfather but she isnt a member yet but could be done.

Thanks in advance!

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Renters insurance?

Check out Lemonade

Great rates and easy to use mobile interface 

Message 2 of 10
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Check out Lemonade

Great rates and easy to use mobile interface 

This is who I have used for the past 2 years and no complaints. Keep in mind I have not had to file a claim so there is that to consider. Very easy to sign up and I like that you can add and drop certain types of coverage to get your monthly payment where you want it to be. They do charge $1 extra a month if you pay monthly.

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Total CL $77,100
Message 3 of 10
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I pay $100/year with State Farm, where I also have my Auto policy.  

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Liberty Mutual: $64 annual

Message 5 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Keep in mind....similar to other insurance coverage(s), rates will vary not only on the coverage amount you choose to purchase...but for renters/homes...your rates will vary on zip codes, construction type, floors, fire prevention methods, extinguishers, sprinklers, roof composition etc...

Message 6 of 10
Roadgeek395
Regular Contributor

I just bought renters insurance through auto club. $85 annually. I have my auto insurance through them as well. No complaints. I ended up getting a $20 refund check from them because when I bought renters insurance it brought my auto insurance premium down.

Message 7 of 10
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions! Ive been doing some research, got some time before i need it but these are good starting points, i appreciate it

Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 8 of 10
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Keep in mind....similar to other insurance coverage(s), rates will vary not only on the coverage amount you choose to purchase...but for renters/homes...your rates will vary on zip codes, construction type, floors, fire prevention methods, extinguishers, sprinklers, roof composition etc...

Thank you, i knew about the zip code but wasent really aware of the other factors. Its a brand new building finished about 6 months ago so hopefully that will bring the price down some too since everything will be up to newest codes. Has key fob entry an so forth. Thanks for this!

Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 9 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

State Farm has very good rates and generous multi-line discounts. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.