Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Person Loan Check

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

SDFCU Person Loan Check

Went to my mailbox today and low and behold there was a $4500 check from SDFCU. What the? LOL. Apparently I was preapproved from a recent sp for an installment loan at 7.99%. 36 payments of $140.98. However, no penalty for paying it off sooner. All I have to do is sign the back of check and fill out first 3 numbers of SS#,employer and job title and deposit it. Easy enough.

Nice surprise considering I have only had a share savings account with them for the past 9 months or so. Good way to establish a relationship with them I suppose. I hear they are pretty conservative. I'll pay it off in a year. 😉

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SDFCU Person Loan Check

Very cool.  Didnt know credit unions sent out checks like that.   Last one i got was from local finance company.   But 34.99%.  Lol. Nope

Message 2 of 69
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes they do. Pretty nice perk. I've seen Penfed do it as well.
Message 3 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the share baller!

Message 4 of 69
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Went to my mailbox today and low and behold there was a $4500 check from SDFCU. What the? LOL. Apparently I was preapproved from a recent sp for an installment loan at 7.99%. 36 payments of $114.42. However, no penalty for paying it off sooner. All I have to do is sign the back of check and fill out first 3 numbers of SS#,employer and job title and deposit it. Easy enough.

Nice surprise considering I have only had a share savings account with them for the past 9 months or so. Good way to establish a relationship with them I suppose. I hear they are pretty conservative. I'll pay it off in a year. 😉

That is one of the perks I love from SDFCU!  I also love their ACH process.

SDFCU is the most conserative CU I've ever used, but they do work with you on any issue. I really like that CU.

Guyatthebeach

Message 5 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDFCU does this fairly often. I haven't even been a member for a year yet and I've received two of these. The first one was for 10k and the second one was for 4.5k just like yours. I haven't taken them up on either offer.

I took on a lot of new open revolving lines between the first offer and the second, so I wondered if the decrease in the offer amount was because of that. But since your check was for the exact same amount and APR, I bet they just send these out in batches.

Message 6 of 69
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just received one of these offers today. I believe this is the second since becoming a member late last year.  It's funny these folks wouldn't give me CC, but want to give me a loan. Lol... I don't get it. Nice they do this for members. Xcel and NASA have similar offers.

I know saying NASA around here is blasphemy. Lol

Message 7 of 69
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lol it certainly is blasphemy Gmood. Uggghhhh.

I'm just happy to establish a credit relationship with State Department. I hadn't even apped their cc yet since I heard they are so conservative and don't like alot of new accounts.
Message 8 of 69
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Lol it certainly is blasphemy Gmood. Uggghhhh.

I'm just happy to establish a credit relationship with State Department. I hadn't even apped their cc yet since I heard they are so conservative and don't like alot of new accounts.

I wouldn't app for a CC with them if I were you..lol. I know from experience they are VERY conservative. Though they aren't when it comes to personal loans. 

I hear ya on the relationship thing! I considered the same. Just not sure I want to give them $14 a month in order to get it. 

Message 9 of 69
baller4life
Super Contributor

I hear ya..I figured if I pay off this loan, they will be more willing to give me a cc. Not like I really need another though. 😄 I may consider them for an auto refi in the future.

Message 10 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.