Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Person Loan Check

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: SDFCU Person Loan Check

I wonder if two months payment history would be enough for them? Probably not 😋
Or maybe I pay back $4000 of the loan immediately and pay the rest over 6 months? I'm curious of how much interest I'd pay?
Message 11 of 69
baller4life
Super Contributor

That's an awesome idea Gmood. Pay the bulk of it right back. And spread the rest out over 6 months to a yr

Message 12 of 69
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I just got mine in today's mail. I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this. It would definitely help my CR to have an installment loan. I haven't had one over 2 years.

Have you guys pulled the trigger on this check yet?

Message 13 of 69
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes I deposited mines Guyatthebeach.
Message 14 of 69
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I haven't deposited mine yet. Still undecided on this one.
Message 15 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just deposited mine last Wednesday.  It was the second one I received, but didn't deposit the first. Mine was for 6k. I had an invitation to apply for their low interest credit card earlier this year, but when I applied it was a no go. Solid offer, too. They may have thought I had enough credit. Smiley Happy Anyway, my long term goal is that card, but may have to wait another year. It is the only card in my future plans.

Message 16 of 69
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Music lover,

I just deposited mine today. SDFCU may not be as big as other CU's out there, but they do treat their members right
Message 17 of 69
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:
Music lover,

I just deposited mine today. SDFCU may not be as big as other CU's out there, but they do treat their members right

That is so true! I am very pleased with them. I am a member of several CUs, large and small. And none have ever sent me an unsolicited check for a personal loan. Smiley Very Happy I will always keep them on my CU team. And like ML stated, I will eventually get their low interest cc. I just have to stay in the garden long enough. Haha

Message 18 of 69
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just deposited mine yesterday. I plan to turn around and give them $4000 back within the first 30 days. Like ML I had a prequal for a CC a couple of months ago. I didn't bite as I knew they'd deny me anyway. Lol

Message 19 of 69
azguy13
Senior Contributor

If I wasn't already with DCU and NFCU, I would consider jioning SDFCU simply to build a relationship. Maybe just stash some cash for Savings or something simple like a CD. I may have to revisit that idea on a later date. 

Congrats on your awesome surprise. I wonder how many of htose they sent out before Black Friday Smiley Very Happy 

Message 20 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.