Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaverLife: Save $20/mo., get matching $10/mo

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

SaverLife: Save $20/mo., get matching $10/mo

I saw this on Doctor of Credit but checked it out myself. SaverLife.org, a non-profit organization, has a current offer that if you sign up and save at least $20 per month they will match your savings with $10 per month for six months, for total of $60.

Join SaverLife today to kick start your savings! You’ll receive weekly savings tips from a financial coach to help you start saving right away.

And for every month that you save at least $20, we'll match your savings with $10. Over the next six months, you can earn up to $60 just for saving your own money!

They look pretty legit, they're sponsored by Chase, Capital One, Prudential Insurance & others. The one thing I don't like is they require you to give them your login credentials to check your savings account, and make their deposit. While they seem legit, there's no shortgage of hackers out there. I don't give anyone my login & password for online accounts, and any current bank/CU where I have savings I also have other accounts and do regular transactions, so they're not getting those logins. I'm going to open a separate savings account just to try this out, I've been thinking of trying Redneck Bank, good excuse to try them out.

Goggle "saverlife" and you'll find them.

EDIT: Here are more specific terms, which you can check out by clicking Learn More on the top menu

• Join now by clicking the "Join Now" button at the top right corner of this page.
  • Enter your name and email address.
  • Connect your bank account to SaverLife by entering your online credentials so we can track how much you save.
  • Save at least $20 each month for 6 months in your own bank account. We don't touch your money, so you'll need to move money to your linked account yourself.
  • Earn $10 in rewards each month that you save at least $20.
  • After 6 months, you can claim your rewards by completing an exit survey and entering your bank's routing number and your account number.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SaverLife: Save $20/mo., get matching $10/mo

This is from their web FAQ:

"How is SaverLife funded?
SaverLife is a financial wellness program offered by EARN, a national nonprofit whose mission is to help working families achieve prosperity through savings.

At SaverLife, our free savings programs and financial coaching and educational content are made possible by generous grants from foundations, corporations, and individual donors who are committed to improving the financial well-being of Americans."

After checking it out myself, it does seem legitimate and I plan to take advantage of this offer. Thank you for the information.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start a new account just for this offer?  Then close it down?

Not sure I want to link one of my primary accounts to it...

Edit - ok, gonna do it.  But I am going to create some new password for the account, just to use for the time that it is linked...

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks interesting. Definitely have to check this out further. Thank you for sharing this. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this.
I’d like to see more from others being guinea pigs first, but free money is free money
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! I signed one of my savings accounts up for this. Every little bit helps...
Message 6 of 11
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@DaveInAZwrote:

I saw this on Doctor of Credit but checked it out myself. SaverLife.org, a non-profit organization, has a current offer that if you sign up and save at least $20 per month they will match your savings with $10 per month for six months, for total of $60.

Join SaverLife today to kick start your savings! You’ll receive weekly savings tips from a financial coach to help you start saving right away.

And for every month that you save at least $20, we'll match your savings with $10. Over the next six months, you can earn up to $60 just for saving your own money!

They look pretty legit, they're sponsored by Chase, Capital One, Prudential Insurance & others. The one thing I don't like is they require you to give them your login credentials to check your savings account, and make their deposit. While they seem legit, there's no shortgage of hackers out there. I don't give anyone my login & password for online accounts, and any current bank/CU where I have savings I also have other accounts and do regular transactions, so they're not getting those logins. I'm going to open a separate savings account just to try this out, I've been thinking of trying Redneck Bank, good excuse to try them out.

Goggle "saverlife" and you'll find them.

EDIT: Here are more specific terms, which you can check out by clicking Learn More on the top menu

• Join now by clicking the "Join Now" button at the top right corner of this page.
  • Enter your name and email address.
  • Connect your bank account to SaverLife by entering your online credentials so we can track how much you save.
  • Save at least $20 each month for 6 months in your own bank account. We don't touch your money, so you'll need to move money to your linked account yourself.
  • Earn $10 in rewards each month that you save at least $20.
  • After 6 months, you can claim your rewards by completing an exit survey and entering your bank's routing number and your account number.

Thanks for sharing this. I will give this a shot. 

Message 7 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Thanks for sharing this.
I’d like to see more from others being guinea pigs first, but free money is free money

I signed up for this, giving them my login for my local credit union. I have a checking & CC (both rarely used), and a savings account with only $10 balance as it only pays a pathetic .15% interest. SaverLife logged in & let me select the savings account. I transferred $22 to it over the weekend, and this morning SaverLife shows me as having made my required savings deposit for this month and having earned $10.

Yes, it's free money, but the goal is to encourage more folks to have some savings set aside for a rainy day, a worthy goal.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take whatever they're giving, Dave. I agree people should be setting something aside. Having a goal to save for makes it easier to stay motivated.

The extra from this little incentive will just go into my vacation savings fund.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks OP for this info. I just signed up.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.