Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwab Brokerage Account questions

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Schwab Brokerage Account questions

If it was me, I'd call on Monday and let them know you've experienced issues as a result of EQ breach and ask if they have timeline when it will be finalized because you're uncomfortable leaving it open too long, unless it resolves itself till then. I would not freeze them till Monday, if you're comfortable with that. 

Message 21 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

ya just left it open till wednesday extended it.. give them enough time and hopefully not enough time for me to get another itch Smiley Tongue.  Its a fine line as you know with me Smiley Happy.

Message 22 of 49
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Lets not talk about itches. I've called stupid Socks Bank so many times I got the number memorized and I'm dyslexic., but I hang up each time because i chicken out. Too soon Smiley LOL

I dont even know my kids' phone numbers Smiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

Message 23 of 49
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Yeah you could go ahead and open a margin account.
Message 24 of 49
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Nothing yet?
Message 25 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:
Nothing yet?

nope as csr via chat said should be done in one business day.  So guessing someone will look at it monday?

Message 26 of 49
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

They are a bit slow with requests.
Message 27 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

As another data point: I opened a Schwab brokerage + checking acount a few weeks ago, and haven't seen a HP yet! I specifically made sure to un-check the "margin" option when signing up.

Message 28 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I got a few calls from them early this morning from hungry people saying welcome and asking how much i plan on putting into account lol.  I said leave me alone till i am fully approved, although i did take one up on a offer in two weeks to walk me through the trading platform website.  Calls were within 2 mins of each other suspect 2nd one that asked what type of money i would be investing didnt see the first guys notes.  No HP yet.  First person i spoke to said it would be today or tomorrow at latest so we shall see I unclick margin account as don't want to play with fire personally atm being others peoples money Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just to put a wrap-up on this account is fully opened or so appears as says verified and ready to use, etc.. No HP or SP on Equifax which I find weird and had a freeze on Chex's to ensure I don't make more inquiries than I already have on that for future CU/Bank Account openings in another 3-6 months.  So not sure how they validated me, but not through EQ that I can see and certainly not a HP that I can see yet.  Who knows, it is open though

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.