Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Needed To Be Approved For DCU Banking

tag
moneymitch
Established Member

Score Needed To Be Approved For DCU Banking

I'd like to open a checking account with DCU I'm currently rebuilding and my EQ is about 618. What stype of score do I need for approval? I dobt want to waste a hard pull.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Needed To Be Approved For DCU Banking

DCU uses ChexSystems so I don’t know that they have a minimum score for opening a checking/savings with them. It’s also not a hard pull for membership, just for a credit product. 

They are great to talk to, I would give them a call. 1-800-328-8797

Message 2 of 7
moneymitch
Established Member

Thanks
Message 3 of 7
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU uses ChexSystems so I don’t know that they have a minimum score for opening a checking/savings with them. It’s also not a hard pull for membership, just for a credit product. 

This may be a recent change (I joined DCU in 2013), but I had a hard pull and all I have with them is checking/savings. It might not happen, but don't be surprised if it does, too.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This may be a recent change (I joined DCU in 2013), but I had a hard pull and all I have with them is checking/savings. It might not happen, but don't be surprised if it does, too.

Yeah it’s no longer a hard pull, there was a thread about this around here. Previously they would zap you twice. Once for membership and once for a credit product but now it’s only if you get a credit product. 

Message 5 of 7
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it’s no longer a hard pull, there was a thread about this around here. Previously they would zap you twice. Once for membership and once for a credit product but now it’s only if you get a credit product. 

Stop tempting me to apply!! Smiley TongueSmiley LOL I'm in the market for a new CU soon...

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 6 of 7
moneymitch
Established Member

I'm going for an auto loan this summer so I want to build a relationship since they have the best rates according to most.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.