Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serve's Bill Pay

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Serve's Bill Pay

I see on the website it says if you want your bill paid sooner than the delivery date given, you can use the card number on the merchants site. When I called, the CSR said that their routing number is only used for direct deposits. You cannot input that into the field that request it when adding another funding source on a merchant's site. Since this is the case, how can you use Serve to pay from a merchants website as stated on Serve? The time given to pay my bill on Serve is later than the closing date. I'd like to deliever it before then.

Anyone use their Serve card on a merchant's website instead of using Serve's bill pay?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Serve's Bill Pay

No, i haven't. Also, Serve is not considered a debit nor is it a credit card...So i don't know how you're going to make it work.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Wonder what's the point of stating this on their website since there's no other way to pay a bill other than bill pay.

Sooner.PNG

Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So with Bluebird you just enter the card number and it is treated like an Amex purchase.  Doesn't that work with Serve?

Message 4 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

So with Bluebird you just enter the card number and it is treated like an Amex purchase.  Doesn't that work with Serve?

It doesn't always work out that way, i just pay earlier with their bill pay on serve site. I find its an lot safer that way. I can try and experiment with serve and see how it is to it directly thru their site. I have been using it mostly for my auto loan and electricity bill . I can see what happens if i try and do it via CCC site and see what happens.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

The site I used asked for a routing number along with the account number in order to pay.

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

The site I used asked for a routing number along with the account number in order to pay.

I thnk the language is confusing.  You can do it when the merchant accepts credit card payment, and then you use serve like any other Amex card.   As soon as you are into routing numbers, it's trying to use ACH, and there are big limitations there.     Of course, if the merchant accepts credit cards including Amex, you could have done that anyway so no great advantage in using serve (which is great precisely when ccs are not accepted!)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.