Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Service Credit Union membership

I was looking at Service CU (https://servicecu.org/) because they have a Euro transfer service that's possibly cheaper than through a bank.  However, they say: "Service Credit Union membership is open to those living or working in the state of New Hampshire or the Falmouth, MA area (defined as Falmouth, Bourne, Mashpee and Sandwich, MA) and their families. Also eligible are active duty military, veterans and their families, and those who are working (or worked) for the Department of Defense, as well as their families."

Does anybody know if "families" is immediate family?  Both my grandfathers served, but neither of my parents did.

Message 1 of 224
223 REPLIES 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Service Credit Union membership

I would call and ask them. I went through the start of the process to join and it just says family there as well. My dad is a vet so I'm automatically eligible, thanks for sharing. Another potential CU for the future. 

Message 2 of 224
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was looking at Service CU (https://servicecu.org/) because they have a Euro transfer service that's possibly cheaper than through a bank.  However, they say: "Service Credit Union membership is open to those living or working in the state of New Hampshire or the Falmouth, MA area (defined as Falmouth, Bourne, Mashpee and Sandwich, MA) and their families. Also eligible are active duty military, veterans and their families, and those who are working (or worked) for the Department of Defense, as well as their families."

Does anybody know if "families" is immediate family?  Both my grandfathers served, but neither of my parents did.

I was able to join based on my late father's service.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 224
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

So far, everything submitted, looks like sp , and uses Chex. Ill know in a day or 2 if im approved for membership.
Message 4 of 224
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Approved, very simple process so far.
Message 5 of 224
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Approved, very simple process so far.

Congratulations on your membership!

Message 6 of 224
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks, figured id try it out , be good for dps here plus another CU is good to have.. might be another good pickup for VeteransSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 224
WTL1
New Contributor

As you mentioned you were interested in joining this CU because of low transfer fees, I'll just mention that I have used Transferwise in lieu of wire transfer from my bank. Several times over several years, always prompt payment at the most current exchange rate, and the fee is 1/4 of what Chase gets. Highly recommended.
Message 8 of 224
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Anyone apply for any credit products with SCU? Data points to share??😋

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 9 of 224
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit 

Just signed up for these guys today. I want to take advantage of those savings rates. And also grow up and be like you one day.Smiley Happy

My Chex report is in flames!!!! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.