Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

Smarty,

Thanks for the heads up on this CU. I will have to look into this when Mrs. Guyatthebeach is at the beach. She thinks 15 CU's, 3 banks, and 45 credit cards is getting to be too many.  

Guyatthebeach

Message 51 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you guys notice their holiday club savings? 3% APY up to $3K. 

Message 52 of 224
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a good rate.

@Gmood1  has his pennies working overtime.

Message 53 of 224
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007  Congrats! 🤑

This is very tempting 🧐

Message 54 of 224
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was so excited.  Temporarily diverted my portion of DD that goes to savings elsewhere to this until it caps out.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 55 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

They emailed me to ask me about the family member whose service made me eligible and then I got this. 

Screenshot_20200516-110020~2.png

Looks like I am good to go. 249 charged to PayPal Cashback (didn't want to test AOD since it's a VISA). 👍

Message 56 of 224
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous I was worried initially because my link is via deceased maternal grandfather who served in WWII Army.  That was how I got in with Navy.  But DPs were not clear here that a distant relationship would work.  So I was a bit nervous until I got the email.  I also had to send DL, passport, and utility bill.  Felt a little much, but 3500$ earning a good rate was worth it to me.  I feel like an e-hoarder with random savings accounts all over the internet.  I guess it's a coping mechanism for uncertain times.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 57 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Anonymous I was worried initially because my link is via deceased maternal grandfather who served in WWII Army.  That was how I got in with Navy.  But DPs were not clear here that a distant relationship would work.  So I was a bit nervous until I got the email.  I also had to send DL, passport, and utility bill.  Felt a little much, but 3500$ earning a good rate was worth it to me.  I feel like an e-hoarder with random savings accounts all over the internet.  I guess it's a coping mechanism for uncertain times.

I gave them my dad's info as well as my deceased grandfather's. They didn't ask any further documentation from me so it looks like they got everything they needed from my credit report. Very easy process honestly. I could have just joined ACC but I have a legitimate service link, might as well use it. Smiley Happy

I will just put the $500 in the savings and cap that for now. I wanted to move money away from Alliant so that is what I will do. Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 224
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous Ditto on Alliant.  Big disappointment for me other than their app, which is stellar.  They are my transfer hub for places that are annoying to deal with.  They have great push/pull.

Message 59 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Anonymous Ditto on Alliant.  Big disappointment for me other than their app, which is stellar.  They are my transfer hub for places that are annoying to deal with.  They have great push/pull.

Honestly they hold my pulls for awhile. AOD seems to be faster than them, tied with DCU. I don't generally move funds around that much though. Realistically all I need is to be able to pull to my account at 1stBank. 

One nice thing about having so many savings accounts is it's not as easy to get to the money so I'm less likely to spend it.  

Message 60 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.