Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you guys notice their holiday club savings? 3% APY up to $3K. 

@Anonymous, Yes in one of Gmood1's post in another thread.

I am not keeping very much Cash tied up with low rates, because of these returns.

See Chart #1

https://i.imgur.com/nVgQulR.png

See Chart #2

https://i.imgur.com/8Zb0yJJ.png

Look at The return rate?

This is just physical Gold that you can hold.

Message 61 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Anonymous I was worried initially because my link is via deceased maternal grandfather who served in WWII Army.  That was how I got in with Navy.  But DPs were not clear here that a distant relationship would work.  So I was a bit nervous until I got the email.  I also had to send DL, passport, and utility bill.  Felt a little much, but 3500$ earning a good rate was worth it to me.  I feel like an e-hoarder with random savings accounts all over the internet.  I guess it's a coping mechanism for uncertain times.

I gave them my dad's info as well as my deceased grandfather's. They didn't ask any further documentation from me so it looks like they got everything they needed from my credit report. Very easy process honestly. I could have just joined ACC but I have a legitimate service link, might as well use it. Smiley Happy

I will just put the $500 in the savings and cap that for now. I wanted to move money away from Alliant so that is what I will do. Smiley Happy

@Anonymous  I advise less than $500 , because interest will push you over,

$500 the first month (or when it post) and your rate will drop to 0.25% APR .. IMO

$500.01+0.250%0.25%
Message 62 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymousand C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

Message 63 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you guys notice their holiday club savings? 3% APY up to $3K. 

@Anonymous, Yes in one of Gmood1's post in another thread.

I am not keeping very much Cash tied up with low rates, because of these returns.

See Chart #1

https://i.imgur.com/nVgQulR.png

See Chart #2

https://i.imgur.com/8Zb0yJJ.png

Look at The return rate?

This is just physical Gold that you can hold.

That's crazy!

I am not allowed to buy things like gold. Asset limits and all that. No investments when you have Medicaid. That's a crazy good return though. I would not be as focused on savings as much either as long as it kept going up haha. 

Message 64 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I was worried initially because my link is via deceased maternal grandfather who served in WWII Army.  That was how I got in with Navy.  But DPs were not clear here that a distant relationship would work.  So I was a bit nervous until I got the email.  I also had to send DL, passport, and utility bill.  Felt a little much, but 3500$ earning a good rate was worth it to me.  I feel like an e-hoarder with random savings accounts all over the internet.  I guess it's a coping mechanism for uncertain times.

I gave them my dad's info as well as my deceased grandfather's. They didn't ask any further documentation from me so it looks like they got everything they needed from my credit report. Very easy process honestly. I could have just joined ACC but I have a legitimate service link, might as well use it. Smiley Happy

I will just put the $500 in the savings and cap that for now. I wanted to move money away from Alliant so that is what I will do. Smiley Happy

$500 the first month (or when it post) and your rate will drop to 0.25% APR .. IMO

$500.01+0.250%0.25%

Yeah but that's just on the amount that is over $500 and then I can transfer it out. I do the same thing with DCU. 

Message 65 of 224
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union membership

I have been a member of Service Credit Union for last 15 years. It is okay credit union and no thrills and frills. I have been doing more business with Affinity Federal Credit Union in NJ than Service CU.

Message 66 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$500.01+0.250%0.25%

Yeah but that's just on the amount that is over $500 and then I can transfer it out. I do the same thing with DCU. 

Max utilizationSmiley Surprised

Take it from someone who forgot on another acct. and got pennies for 6 months.

Message 67 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$500.01+0.250%0.25%

Max utilizationSmiley Surprised

Take it from someone who forgot on another acct. and got pennies for 6 months.

What do you mean? You still get the 5% on the first $500. It's very rare that these accounts aren't blended APRs. 

Message 68 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to make a phone call to find out what my Call24 was to make my online banking account. Zero wait time and a very friendly rep. Definitely a nice start! 

Message 69 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to make a phone call to find out what my Call24 was to make my online banking account. Zero wait time and a very friendly rep. Definitely a nice start! 

That is great, so far my experience has been a very good oneSmiley Happy

They even allowed me to substitute one document they requested, that I did not have in my possession.

Linked (2) bank accounts via log in method (Navy and US Bank) , the 3rd have to wait for trial deposits.

Message 70 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.