Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to make a phone call to find out what my Call24 was to make my online banking account. Zero wait time and a very friendly rep. Definitely a nice start! 

That is great, so far my experience has been a very good oneSmiley Happy

They even allowed me to substitute one document they requested, that I did not have in my possession.

Linked (2) bank accounts via log in method (Navy and US Bank) , the 3rd have to wait for trial deposits.

"document"!? I submitted an application last night. They haven't ask for anything beside ID! Hopefully I don't have to drive up north to see them in person 🤓🙄

Message 71 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to make a phone call to find out what my Call24 was to make my online banking account. Zero wait time and a very friendly rep. Definitely a nice start! 

They even allowed me to substitute one document they requested, that I did not have in my possession.

Linked (2) bank accounts via log in method (Navy and US Bank) , the 3rd have to wait for trial deposits.

"document"!? I submitted an application last night. They haven't ask for anything beside ID! Hopefully I don't have to drive up north to see them in person 🤓🙄

They didn't ask me for anything. Maybe it's because I used the tool that actually scans the barcode on your license to fill in the app?

Message 72 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they use Chexsystems?

Message 73 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they use Chexsystems?

I am not sure, I only opened a savings and did not see if they used Chex or not.

Maybe @Anonymous could answer this?

Message 74 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They didn't ask me for anything. Maybe it's because I used the tool that actually scans the barcode on your license to fill in the app?

What I had to send inSmiley Frustrated

(Also copy of DL and State Issued Work ID)

Thank you for your recent online membership application as we appreciate the opportunity to serve all of your financial needs; however, prior to processing your request, we will need you to reply back with front and back copies of your Social Security card. We will also need Proof of your Residency by means of one of the following: current lease agreement or current utility bill. Please ensure to send us a full document so we may verify validity of the document and its effective date.

Your membership eligibility states you are a family member of someone who is serving or served in the military.  Please clarify the family members’ branch of service, full legal name, address and your relation. 

We will hold your application for five business days awaiting your reply. Thank you again for your application with Service Credit Union, we look forward to hearing from you.

Message 75 of 224
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Yeah I had to send passport, dl, and proof of address.  Almost just sent my first born just to simplify. 

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 76 of 224
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Is this credit union open to everyone? Looks like it is, anyone join this way and can comfirm?

Members of the American Consumer Council (ACC) are also eligible to join. To learn more about the ACC, click here. Use promo code “Service” to join free of charge.

https://servicecu.org/about-us/become-a-member/

Looks like its $8 or $15 for a lifetime membership but the credit union has a promo code so its free.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 77 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I had to send inSmiley Frustrated

(Also copy of DL and State Issued Work ID)

Thank you for your recent online membership application as we appreciate the opportunity to serve all of your financial needs; however, prior to processing your request, we will need you to reply back with front and back copies of your Social Security card. We will also need Proof of your Residency by means of one of the following: current lease agreement or current utility bill. Please ensure to send us a full document so we may verify validity of the document and its effective date.

Your membership eligibility states you are a family member of someone who is serving or served in the military.  Please clarify the family members’ branch of service, full legal name, address and your relation. 

We will hold your application for five business days awaiting your reply. Thank you again for your application with Service Credit Union, we look forward to hearing from you.

Hmm. I dunno. 

Capture+_2020-05-17-01-43-26.png

I usually don't have a lot of trouble with verification unless we are talking about a certain CU that frustrated me til I gave up. NFCU, Langley, Alliant, and now Service, didn't ask anything from me except verifying military affiliation when applicable. Don't ask me to do the ultimate test with a HSBC app though. 🤣

Message 78 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they use Chexsystems?

I am not sure, I only opened a savings and did not see if they used Chex or not.

Maybe @Anonymous could answer this?

I have no idea either. They support Popmoney which means that they aren't using EWS so I would presume they use Chex. 

Message 79 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Royalbacon wrote:

Is this credit union open to everyone? Looks like it is, anyone join this way and can comfirm?

Members of the American Consumer Council (ACC) are also eligible to join. To learn more about the ACC, click here. Use promo code “Service” to join free of charge.

https://servicecu.org/about-us/become-a-member/

Looks like its $8 or $15 for a lifetime membership but the credit union has a promo code so its free.

They clearly advertise that method on their site so it is a valid path to membership. 

Message 80 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.