Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

@Anonymous wrote:

Well it looks like I got hit with a cash advance... So much for MasterCard being safe. 😡 

6750F316-A694-4ABB-930E-256F6F46B53D.jpeg

I hope Sync doesn't get mad about it. At 3% it just actually COST ME more than I would have earned!

Oh ManSmiley Indifferent

I used Citi DC MC  .. No cash advance feeSmiley Happy

Message 91 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

And I get 2% cash back

Message 92 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them and they sent an email to the back office to call me tomorrow so we can refund the charge and use my debit card. Excellent customer service so far. Still no hold time despite the IVR warning there would be hold time. 

Message 93 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Excellent customer service"

100% agree!

Message 94 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I called Synchrony too and they also answered right away. Told me that I haven't been charged a fee yet but if I do when it posts, and I don't get a refund from Service CU, they'll refund the fee as a one time courtesy. Frustratingly, they do not allow you to set the cash advance limit to $0 so I won't ever take this chance again. 

Message 95 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Surprised you did not use Navy?

Message 96 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Surprised you did not use Navy?

2% vs 1.5%. 

Trust me. First and last time I max deposit with a credit card. 

I just added my Alliant debit card to the Zelle app and transferred $250 from my savings to the checking and then instantly transferred that to 1stBank so I can just fund with my 1stBank debit tomorrow. Lesson learned!

Message 97 of 224
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I actually did a branch share deposit at this CU at their location in a NH walmart awhile back. Seemed very friendly. Perhaps I should open an account as well... 

-j 

Message 98 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off the phone with Service and while the rep tried to assist me, she called all over and was told that the system won't allow the transaction to be reversed once the account has been opened. I guess I will have to see how Synchrony handles things on their end but I'm going to pay it off to get it off there. 

Also I asked @M_Smart007 and the savings always pays 5% on the first $500, even if you have more than that in there. Balances from $500.01 and beyond will earn .25% instead but the first $500 earns 5%. 

Message 99 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with Service and while the rep tried to assist me, she called all over and was told that the system won't allow the transaction to be reversed once the account has been opened. I guess I will have to see how Synchrony handles things on their end but I'm going to pay it off to get it off there. 

Also I asked @M_Smart007 and the savings always pays 5% on the first $500, even if you have more than that in there. Balances from $500.01 and beyond will earn .25% instead but the first $500 earns 5%. 

Sucks on the cash advance part.

On the past $500 good to know, as some work differently.

We live and learnSmiley Indifferent

Message 100 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.