Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

@snickerpedia 

It's good to know, this is wide spread. The can't verify has to be into the thousands. If this many people on the forum are getting the same response.

Message 121 of 224
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

It's weird because they were advertising soooo hard for new members and they deny us all - I hope one of us gets to the bottom of this!!!! 

@Gmood1 especially for you with a 35k approval in the wind - mine was only 20k but I want it!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 122 of 224
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 ---- Just curious, did you ever receive your adverse action letter from them in the mail? They kept saying I would receive a letter in the mail and this was almost three weeks ago

(I know I know - i need to learn to let things go)!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 123 of 224
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@snickerpedia 

I didn't, I'm on the PC right now filing a complaint with the information you sent me.lol

So yeah, I don't let things go that easily.😆

Message 124 of 224
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 ---haha that is too funny, i just completed my complete about an hour ago.  ---Took forever though because my scanner is on the floow and the cat thinks she owns it!!! , hopefully with both of our complaints we will at least eventually hear something!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 125 of 224
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@snickerpedia 

I'm using the email provided on the complaint form to email all the information. 

Yup, let's get some attention drawn on this. Something is definitely fishy here.

Sorry OP, back to original topic. lol

Message 126 of 224
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, sorry guys,  SECU refers to?

Just heads up, if SECU isnt Service, probably best to leave that for another thread as its going off topic here on the SCU thread. You know if i didnt mention it someone else wouldSmiley Wink

By the way i tried calling Service last night, was told 6th in line , 5 minute wait.....ended telling them to call me... never got a call. They may have called this morning ....googled number supposedly them but some weird reveiws on number....  Tell you the truth im not real keen on these folks which does tie into my story ill share if  my thingie comes inSmiley Wink

Message 127 of 224
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for keeping us on track!!

i wanna hear the story - you have eluded to it involving credit products with ServiceCU🤭

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 128 of 224
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ahh screw it, nothing fancy , just home alone with my BFF,  second cup of coffeeSmiley Wink

Well, jist of it is i wasnt very happy  with SCU . When i joined i apped for a cc with them but was turned down. Months later i decided id try once more but again denied, even with pretty decent score on Ex, i believe last denial was at 751Ex .

Anywho, i figured ill never get approved for anything from them   in future, so might as well close mh membership.  Sent them a sm asking to close my membershio since they wont even approve me a cc. I think i got back a reply but online could never find their message. 

I think i had $20 in my share savings and finally figured out how to transfer out. Lol, dont laugh, that $20 is/was huge for me right nowSmiley Wink. So when i saw my account was still opened i just said oh well they must have ignored  me and left it at that 

About 3 weeks ago i receive an email asking me if i wanted to complete my approved loan approval??? Huh? I emailed back what loan from about 45 days  ago.  Apparently they decided to approve my cc application. Guess my message to them got them to reconsider my membership. Its only for $1k but i like having something from each institution i have. Its legit as its in my account but still havent gotten it. Interested to see whst it looks like. So thats my funny story. From wantong to close my membership to getting a cc post CovidSmiley Wink. Am i a @Gmood1 baller yet?Smiley Wink

Message 129 of 224
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Ahh screw it, nothing fancy , just home alone with my BFF,  second cup of coffeeSmiley Wink

Well, jist of it is i wasnt very happy  with SCU . When i joined i apped for a cc with them but was turned down. Months later i decided id try once more but again denied, even with pretty decent score on Ex, i believe last denial was at 751Ex .

Anywho, i figured ill never get approved for anything from them   in future, so might as well close mh membership.  Sent them a sm asking to close my membershio since they wont even approve me a cc. I think i got back a reply but online could never find their message. 

I think i had $20 in my share savings and finally figured out how to transfer out. Lol, dont laugh, that $20 is/was huge for me right nowSmiley Wink. So when i saw my account was still opened i just said oh well they must have ignored  me and left it at that 

About 3 weeks ago i receive an email asking me if i wanted to complete my approved loan approval??? Huh? I emailed back what loan from about 45 days  ago.  Apparently they decided to approve my cc application. Guess my message to them got them to reconsider my membership. Its only for $1k but i like having something from each institution i have. Its legit as its in my account but still havent gotten it. Interested to see whst it looks like. So thats my funny story. From wantong to close my membership to getting a cc post CovidSmiley Wink. Am i a @Gmood1 baller yet?Smiley Wink

LOL, good stuff and funny read @AverageJoesCredit 

We are the same. I like to have loan products with the Fi's I'm a member with as well. Normally if I can't get approved for them. I'll eventually close the account. I completely understand your logic! 

Message 130 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.