Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Credit Union membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous, I also got that today!  ... Guess I had better get to votingSmiley Happy

I was too lazy to bring the original letter up on the computer for posting but I figured you would respond with it. 

With them adding Zelle and now this, they are certainly trying to become contenders.

Message 181 of 224
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

I got it too and voted in favor of it!
Interestingly enough I brought up the ACC American Consumer Council option earlier in this thread, and looking at their website on Archive.org it appeared to be fairly new. I guess they're trying to grow outside of their New Hampshire footprint.

Update:Looked at their Charter FAQs and the ACC American Consumer Council is a fairly new way to join. Just living in New Hampshire will no longer make you eligible to join, but by adding the ACC any New Hampshire resident can still join (Plus anyone out of state like us here at Myfico) https://servicecu.org/charterfaqs/

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 182 of 224
RootDet
Established Contributor

I decided to be a Guinea pig for the card and applied for it. They are a strange bunch. I got an email from underwritting that the application was approved, and asked me to call in. I saw the email within 10 mins so gave the underwriter a call, but sadly got disconnected. I called back and got another underwriter who told me that some "QA" department reviewed it and decided to deny the application. Kicker is, it shows approved online still! 

Seems like underwriting does not have the final say on loans there. So for those that apply, do not get super excited if they email you approved, it may not be a solid approval. 

Message 183 of 224
yourficouser
Contributor

Sorry, slightly off topic.

I joined Service CU recently for the 5% up to $500 in Primary Savings, 3% up to $3k Holiday Club, plus $100 referral bonus.

Out of state so joined American Consumer Council with the membership code "consumer" to get it for free.

In any case, I noticed they have a FICO score, which I am not yet being shown as I am too new a member. Anyone know which FICO score it is and from which bureau? I know DCU has the EQ fico used for mortgages, but was curious if Service CU has any special FICO or just plain old FICO 8?

Thank you!

Message 184 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yourficouser wrote:

I joined Service CU recently for the 5% up to $500 in Primary Savings, 3% up to $3k Holiday Club, plus $100 referral bonus.

Out of state so joined American Consumer Council with the membership code "consumer" to get it for free.

In any case, I noticed they have a FICO score, which I am not yet being shown as I am too new a member. Anyone know which FICO score it is and from which bureau? I know DCU has the EQ fico used for mortgages, but was curious if Service CU has any special FICO or just plain old FICO 8?

Thank you!

It is EX2

Message 185 of 224
yourficouser
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

Thank you!

It is EX2

That's awesome, thanks!

I had to look it up, but that appears to be the Experian mortgage score.

Very happy with that!

Message 186 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yourficouser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

Thank you!

It is EX2

That's awesome, thanks!

Very happy with that!

Yep it's the Experian mortgage score. If you join DCU they'll give you EQ5 monthly as well. 

Message 187 of 224
yourficouser
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

Thank you!

It is EX2

That's awesome, thanks!

Very happy with that!

Yep it's the Experian mortgage score. If you join DCU they'll give you EQ5 monthly as well. 

Thanks, I actually have DCU for that very reason. Didn't know about Service CU though as I joined for the high interest (but low total balance) offers and also someone had sent me a referral (otherwise, would've never known about it).

Message 188 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yourficouser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

Thank you!

It is EX2

That's awesome, thanks!

Very happy with that!

Thanks, I actually have DCU for that very reason. Didn't know about Service CU though as I joined for the high interest (but low total balance) offers and also someone had sent me a referral (otherwise, would've never known about it).

Yeah I am pretty far from being ready for a mortgage but having 2 of the 3 numbers means I know my middle score can't be lower than the lowest of the two scores I do have. 

The 6% and 5% returns are a decent bonus too lol. 

Message 189 of 224
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

I decided to be a Guinea pig for the card and applied for it. They are a strange bunch. I got an email from underwritting that the application was approved, and asked me to call in. I saw the email within 10 mins so gave the underwriter a call, but sadly got disconnected. I called back and got another underwriter who told me that some "QA" department reviewed it and decided to deny the application. Kicker is, it shows approved online still! 

Seems like underwriting does not have the final say on loans there. So for those that apply, do not get super excited if they email you approved, it may not be a solid approval. 

Month and half ago I apped for a personal loan, they asked for couple of documents and after 4 days I had the money in my primary checking account!

Got almost the lowest rate, very easy process. I'm out of state too.

Maybe they want to verify more info! They did ask for a copy of my SS card!!

Message 190 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.