tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Service Credit Union Mebership

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Surprised you did not use Navy?

2% vs 1.5%. 

Trust me. First and last time I max deposit with a credit card. 

I just added my Alliant debit card to the Zelle app and transferred $250 from my savings to the checking and then instantly transferred that to 1stBank so I can just fund with my 1stBank debit tomorrow. Lesson learned!

We have all made mistakes at one point. Unfortunately it is part of the learning curve.

Message 101 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

I actually did a branch share deposit at this CU at their location in a NH walmart awhile back. Seemed very friendly. Perhaps I should open an account as well... 

-j 

@joltdude, So far the whole experience has been great!

Message 102 of 224
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1,  when the Service CU  FICO score does populate, look's like it will be EX FICO2

Message 103 of 224
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 

Thanks for the great info!

Message 104 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with Service and while the rep tried to assist me, she called all over and was told that the system won't allow the transaction to be reversed once the account has been opened. I guess I will have to see how Synchrony handles things on their end but I'm going to pay it off to get it off there. 

Also I asked @M_Smart007 and the savings always pays 5% on the first $500, even if you have more than that in there. Balances from $500.01 and beyond will earn .25% instead but the first $500 earns 5%. 

Sucks on the cash advance part.

On the past $500 good to know, as some work differently.

We live and learnSmiley Indifferent

We will see what Synchrony thinks about it. Much to my surprise, my bank actually had a bill pay delivery date of tomorrow so this may actually be paid off before it even posts which would be a real good argument for "this was a mistake, it won't happen again."

Message 105 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Surprised you did not use Navy?

2% vs 1.5%. 

Trust me. First and last time I max deposit with a credit card. 

I just added my Alliant debit card to the Zelle app and transferred $250 from my savings to the checking and then instantly transferred that to 1stBank so I can just fund with my 1stBank debit tomorrow. Lesson learned!

We have all made mistakes at one point. Unfortunately it is part of the learning curve.

Yeah but why did it have to be a Synchrony card I learn the lesson on? Wouldn't be too fussed about it if it was NFCU but banks tend to not like CA in good times, much less now. No sense crying over spilt milk but I hope this isn't a lesson that costs me a lot of credit. 

Message 106 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Gmood1,  when the Service CU  FICO score does populate, look's like it will be EX FICO2

Hmm... So if I ever want a card from them, I need to do it right after my US Bank app when my EX2 is still good. Got it. 👍

Message 107 of 224
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 

@Gmood1  your siggy is poppin!Smiley Wink

Message 108 of 224
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 

@AverageJoesCredit 

Thanks so much AJC!! If I could get passed this dang verification crap. It would be popping some more. lol

Very frustrating to be approved for 35K in credit, but at the same time CU's verification system is garbage!! 

Message 109 of 224
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 

@AverageJoesCredit 

Thanks so much AJC!! If I could get passed this dang verification crap. It would be popping some more. lol

Very frustrating to be approved for 35K in credit, but at the same time CU's verification system is garbage!! 

35k in new credit? Lol, ill have to tell you my Service  CU story, you wouldnt believe me if i told yaSmiley Wink

Message 110 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.