Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I join NFCU?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I join NFCU?

Credit Guy, i think Finstar summed it up best for a person who has everything they need ,but wants to have future possibilties in lending available from a rock steady lender, Navy is a great addition. Plus, not everyone can join so if your eligble, you should join. If not for you, then for fsmily members and their future credit needsSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 15
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

I'm with Finstar and AJC. 

Message 12 of 15
rbentley
Established Contributor

A secret NFCU benefit is that every year, on your anniversary date with them, the Village People will come to your home or office and sing "In the Navy" to you.  That alone makes joining them well worth it.

Message 13 of 15
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Heck NO!   Stay away...

If they're formulating their decisions based on the "curve" I don't need you in there mucking up the ratio for average peeps like me! Tongue Raspberry.gif

Obviously, I'm only teasin' but you answered your own question. 

You don't need it and it would only be another account to manage at this point.

If you need to diversify or if things change in the future, it will still be there.. 

0001Cheers.gif

Message 14 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP, I say, definitely join. I luv NFCU hands down!

Since you don’t need anything, open a 40-month IRA and ESA certificate with min $50 deposit and earn 3.75% interest. And you can make deposits anytime up to the max allowed.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.